Adding Super Users to Sites breaks theme

I have created a custom theme for our network of company websites and have discovered some odd behavior.

When I create a new site and add the super user to the site using the network dashboard, it breaks my theme. The Super User is listed as a user with no Roles.

If I go to the site and add the super user the theme is working perfectly.

The theme extensively uses short codes to provide custom style and content for the company website. It is only on those pages that the theme breaks.

I have fixed it by not adding the super user to the sub site I just thought it was a weird and unexpected outcome.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Patricia

I hope you are having a great day!

Can you clarify what you mean by "super-user" please? Is that a custom role you have created on your network, perhaps using a plugin like User Role Editor?

Also, which shortcodes are you using on your pages, and how are they being generated? By a plugin; if so which one?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Patricia

To be more clear, are you trying to add a super/network admin user to the new subsite? Or are you trying to add a new user as admin of that subsite?

Please note that, there is no super admin for subsite, this is admin. Super admin is only for the network.

Also, in your theme, is there any code that deals with user roles and capabilities? And did you check after deactivating all plugins, if the issue still exists?

Please let us know.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.