Adding text to client side to help them

What file would I edit if I wanted to give some additional directions to the users on how to set their A record when they visit tools.php?page=domainmapping.

It seems really sparse for a newbie to understand what to do.

• digitsoft
    • The Crimson Coder

You can edit line 563 of /plugins/domain-mapping/domain-mapping.php.
    Currently it looks like:

echo "<p>" . __( 'If your domain name includes a sub-domain such as "blog" then you can add a CNAME for that hostname in your DNS pointing at this blog URL.', 'domainmap' ) . "</p>";

So let's say you wanted to add more text, you can add this line after it:

echo "<p>" . __( 'If your domain name includes a sub-domain such as "blog" then you can add a CNAME for that hostname in your DNS pointing at this blog URL.', 'domainmap' ) . "</p>";

So now this area would look like:

echo "<div class='wrap'><div class='icon32' id='icon-tools'><br/></div><h2>" . __('Domain Mapping', 'domainmap') . "</h2>";

echo "<p>" . __( 'My new text to help with domain mapping...', 'domainmap' ) . "</p>";
    		$map_ipaddress = get_site_option( 'map_ipaddress', __('IP not set by admin yet.', 'domainmap') );

You can add html formatting provided you put it inside of the ' symbol. So I could change my line to be bold by doing this:

echo "<p>" . __( '<strong>My new text to help with domain mapping...</strong>', 'domainmap' ) . "</p>";

That's it...lmk if you need anything else...

Rob

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.