adding WPMU dashboard to multisite

Hi there, I installed the WMPU dashboard on my mulitsite install, and all it allows me to do is "activate network wide".

IS that correct? Do I want all sub-sites on network to see that dashboard? I am trying to install and use Pro Sites, as well as the WP video training.

First time with Multisite, so need a little help. Done over 150 WP installs, so WordPress I know very well.

Mainly looking for a guide on where and how to install the NETWORK wide plugins. Is it in the ADMIN Dash, or is it on ALL sites.

Thanks,

Sam

• Sam

Thanks Vaughan. I pretty much figured it out right after I posted this.

I did have a few more questions however. I am trying to use a Premium Theme on the main URL. And the theme auto loads a few premium plugins, like Rev Slider and a few others, that go along with the theme . . . but when I go to start downloading plugins (on the auto load link), it says I don't have sufficient authority to install the plugins. Even though its the main site, on the admin profile.

So it leads me to the question . . .

1) If I have sub-sites on the MultiSite . . . as the admin . . . can I add premium plugins to each individual site. Or is it ALL or NONE.

2) Also, what does Pro Sites actually do? I activated it, but it didn't seem to do anything that my hosting company didn't already do. Am I missing something? I looked for any documentation, but I couldn't find it?

Thanks

If you have any ideas and feedback on those questions I would appreciate it.

Sam

Also, what exactly

• Sam

A follow up to my above posts.

I realized that WPMU has a combination of Plugins available to create your own White Labled WP Network. Do you have any "manual" that shows which plugins to activate in order to do this?

I saw the URL mapping. And the Templates. And the White Label Admin, Support Tab, etc.

Just wondering if there is a user guide or manual for ALL plugins necessary to Launch a White Label Network. And how to hook them all together.

Thanks.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Sam,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your questions! :slight_smile:

1) If I have sub-sites on the MultiSite . . . as the admin . . . can I add premium plugins to each individual site. Or is it ALL or NONE.

As the super admin user (the user that created the site, or has been assigned super admin status via the network admin > users) can add plugins/themes. This must be done from your network admin (wp-admin/network).

You can't add plugins/themes from a sub site, you can only activate/deactivate. A plugin that is network activated can't be deactivated or activated individually on a per site basis.

2) Also, what does Pro Sites actually do? I activated it, but it didn't seem to do anything that my hosting company didn't already do. Am I missing something? I looked for any documentation, but I couldn't find it?

Pro Sites allows you to charge your users for creating a site and using various features, for example it has a pay to blog module, that means if someone on your site registers for a site, it'll be disabled till they pay, you can also restrict plugins and themes on Pro sites levels.

With Pro Sites, am I able to use custom URLs for domain mapping.

Meaning can I take the URL like http://samplenetwork.com/xyzcompany and let them use their own URL of http://xyzcompany.com

Much like Wordpress.com allows you to use your own URL. Does Pro Sites have that capability? If so, can you point me to the documentation for it?

You can indeed, for this you'd use our Domain Mapping plugin here https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

You'd need to make sure you have a dedicated IP address. :slight_smile:

I realized that WPMU has a combination of Plugins available to create your own White Labled WP Network. Do you have any "manual" that shows which plugins to activate in order to do this?

I saw the URL mapping. And the Templates. And the White Label Admin, Support Tab, etc.

Just wondering if there is a user guide or manual for ALL plugins necessary to Launch a White Label Network. And how to hook them all together.

We don't currently have a step by step guide for this, but we're more than happy to answer any questions you may have. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.