Adding xtreme-carousel as site title / logo -- Business Feature Theme

I would like to incorporate the the Xtreme 3D Carousel plugin into the header of my business theme website (see image).

I need to use the tag [xtreme-carousel] to position the .swf and would like it where the site title is placed.

I have tried using the tag as the site title and also in the area used for the logo url but it doesn't work rather instead the code is half deleted. I realise that I am trying to use the fields for something they weren't designed for so I am not suprised by this.

Can anyone offer me some tips / advice on how I can achieve this?

Thank you for your time.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello vamsibodepudi,

I'll have to see if I can get a hold of Tammie for some expert insight but for the moment, you might find the PDF file included in the theme's zip file quite useful. It's located in the following.
    library/docs/businessfeature_manual.pdf

Cheers,
    David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya vamsibodepudi,

Yeah, unfortunately, as you noted, those fields aren't meant to work with shortcodes and thus wont' get what you're looking for.

Do you have the actual embed code as well? I'm not familiar with this plugin, but you could add the embed code directly into that portion of the template, or use the shortcode itself through a function as outlined here:
    http://wpengineer.com/2051/use-wordpress-shortcodes-outside-the-editor/

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

My suggestion would be the same as Mason's - we don't build in short codes for that plugin therefore won't support putting it through theme options. You will be looking at editing the page template either with a code version of the shortcode or to take it in some way like the link Mason provided.

That's not really something we can fully help you with as we don't know that plugin or support it seeing as it's not one of ours.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.