Adding/Removing items from shopping cart

When I click add to cart, the cart updates fine, however, I cannot seem to remove items from the cart.

Also, when everytime I refresh my cart, an item gets added to the cart.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• aecnu

Greetings admin@floride55.com,

Thank you for the additional input and cart clarification, it is greatly appreciated.

To remove an item of course you would put a check mark into the remove box as indicated and then the "Update Cart" button as indicated in the screen shot below.

Refreshing even after check marking the remove box does nothing because once again just feeds in the same URL as entered before as mentioned by tfbc, therefore it does not affect the items in the cart.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• tfbc

Yes i would have to agree here, if you inspect the code between yours and my own marketpress, your form code does not contain the proper form fields.

yours:

<form id="mp_cart_form" method="post" action=""><table cell-padding="2" class="mp_cart_contents" style="border-spacing: 16px; border-collapse: separate;"><thead><tr bgcolor="#E8EBEC;"><td class="mp_cart_col_product" colspan="2">Item:</td><td class="mp_cart_col_price">Prix:</td><td class="mp_cart_col_quant">Quantité:</td></tr></thead><tbody><tr>  <td class="mp_cart_col_thumb"><a id="product_image-335" href="http://www.floride55.com/store/products/appel-de-conference/"></a></td>  <td class="mp_cart_col_product_table"><a href="http://www.floride55.com/store/products/appel-de-conference/">Appel de conference</a></td>  <td class="mp_cart_col_price">$5.00</td>  <td class="mp_cart_col_quant"><input type="text" size="2" name="quant[1:335:0]" value="1" class="textInput rounded" style="border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; ">&nbsp;<label><input type="checkbox" name="remove[]" value="1:335:0"> Enlever</label></td></tr><tr>  <td class="mp_cart_subtotal_lbl" colspan="4">
                <a id="coupon-link" class="alignright" href="#coupon-code">Vous avez un code de coupon?</a>
                <div id="coupon-code" class="alignright" style="display: none;">
                  <label for="coupon_code">Entrer votre code:</label>
                  <input type="text" name="coupon_code" id="coupon_code" class="textInput rounded" style="border-top-left-radius: 4px; border-top-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-right-radius: 4px; border-bottom-left-radius: 4px; ">
                  <button type="submit" id="" class="btn"><span>Appliquez »</span></button>
                </div>
            </td></tr></tbody><tfoot><tr>  <td class="mp_cart_subtotal_lbl" colspan="2">Total du Panier:</td>  <td class="mp_cart_col_total">$5.00</td>  <td class="mp_cart_col_updatecart"><button type="submit" id="" class="btn"><span>Rafraîchir le panier »</span></button></td></tr></tfoot></table></form>

mine:

<form id="mp_cart_form" method="post" action=""><table class="mp_cart_contents"><thead><tr><th class="mp_cart_col_product" colspan="2">Item:</th><th class="mp_cart_col_price">Price:</th><th class="mp_cart_col_quant">Quantity:</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr>  <td class="mp_cart_col_thumb"><a id="product_image-70" href="http://oneofakind.thefunkybead.com/store/products/mahogony-obsidian/"></a></td>  <td class="mp_cart_col_product_table"><a href="http://oneofakind.thefunkybead.com/store/products/mahogony-obsidian/">Mahogony Obsidian</a></td>  <td class="mp_cart_col_price">$22.00</td>  <td class="mp_cart_col_quant"><input type="text" size="2" name="quant[3:70:0]" value="1">&nbsp;<label><input type="checkbox" name="remove[]" value="3:70:0"> Remove</label></td></tr><tr>  <td class="mp_cart_subtotal_lbl" colspan="4">
                <a id="coupon-link" class="alignright" href="#coupon-code">Have a coupon code?</a>
                <div id="coupon-code" class="alignright" style="display: none;">
                  <label for="coupon_code">Enter your code:</label>
                  <input type="text" name="coupon_code" id="coupon_code">
                  <input type="submit" name="update_cart_submit" value="Apply »">
                </div>
            </td></tr></tbody><tfoot><tr>  <td class="mp_cart_subtotal_lbl" colspan="2">Cart Total:</td>  <td class="mp_cart_col_total">$22.00</td>  <td class="mp_cart_col_updatecart"><input type="submit" name="update_cart_submit" value="Update Cart »"></td></tr></tfoot></table></form>

you would need to update your theme so that the code:

<button type="submit" id="" class="btn"><span>Appliquez »</span></button>

reads

<button type="submit" name="update_cart_submit" class="btn"><span>Appliquez »</span></button>

might do the trick.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.