Additional Calendars with different functions

I currently have a functional calendar that requires purchase in order to book a session.

1: Am i able to create a way for people to purchase packages or sessions to an account and schedule them until the package runs out, within the Appointments+?

2: If not, am i able to create a second calendar on a hidden page that i only give to clients, but this calendar and only this one can allow people to schedule appointments without purchase?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mike,

Hope you're doing well today!

1: Am i able to create a way for people to purchase packages or sessions to an account and schedule them until the package runs out, within the Appointments+?

This isn't possible yet.

2: If not, am i able to create a second calendar on a hidden page that i only give to clients, but this calendar and only this one can allow people to schedule appointments without purchase?

The best way to do this is combine it with our Membership 2 plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

I see you are on a single membership so won't have access to the pro version but you can still use our free version instead: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/membership/

Then you will see in my screenshot that you can set discounts based on memberships.

So when you have someone sign up for a training session you can go in and apply the membership to them so they can book the rest of their sessions :slight_smile:

Or you could even have the Membership plugin handle the payment for you, so you create 3 membership levels, one for each of your services then once they pay they will have access to the calendar so they can book. In that case, Appointments+ wouldn't be taking any money, it would just be M2. You could create recurring memberships too, which could be helpful for on-going training.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Mike

So i feel like this is a great help, but i may be a little lost on its setup and integration. I think that the screenshot above is supposed to be at the bottom of my Appointments plugin tab under settings, but im seeing the image i attached.

I went through the setup and applied 100% discount to members.

My goal is to leave the calendar as is where someone can purchase their scheduled session per default with Appointments.

I would like to assign membership to my clients and/or have a simple sign up page for them.

Would they use the same Appointments calendar i have set up now or would I create a different one?

• Sajid

Hi @mike316,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Membership 2 plugin will detect automatically if the current user is subscribed in a membership.

If the current user is subscribed or paid for a membership then they will be able to book the appointment without any payments if no then appointments+ plugin will ask for payments in order to book that appointment.

However, its still up-to you, you can create just one or multiple calendars. Membership and appointments plugins will work together nicely.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.