Additional Field display field name if left blank

Hi

do you know why the additional field "FIELD_WEITEREINFOS" display this name as value if the client doesn't enter anything inthere?
It looks a bit odd if this is displayed in the confirmation message.

cheers

Hier sind die Details zu Ihrer Buchung:
Gebuchte Behandlung: Tages-Makeup | 30min
Datum und Zeit: 28. Juni 2016 14:45
Name: timeadmin
Telefon: 0795342591
eMail: rolf.freuler@freuler-verwaltungen.ch
Weitere Infos: FIELD_WEITEREINFOS
  • Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Rolf,

Hope you're doing well today :slight_smile:

I have tested this on my installation and can see the same thing so I have notified plugin developer about this.

For now you can set the field as required field so they need to enter value in it and that will come over email.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Rolf
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Predrag

thanks a lto for the quick update. Unfortunately I can't set this field to required because it doesn't make sense for all customers to fill it in and would probably cause more troubles than what we have now.

So I'll leave it as it is for now and hope for a quick fix.

thanks

• Rolf

Hi, I just updated and there's a big issue: I don't receive any confirmation email anymore. So none of the clients receive the confirmation.

it works if I manually resend the confirmation from the backend system. So there must be an issue with the latest update for the auotmatic confirmation. It doesn't even work if I remove the extra field.

Can you please check asap? this is quite urgent.
    thanks

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Rolf!

Thank you for letting me know about it. I checked this on my own setup and it seems that one of the fixes applied to e-mail confirmation may have affected this. I have therefore flagged it as a new bug already an forwarded information to plugin developer.

Hopefully he'll be able to take care of this in no time.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Rolf

Sorry for all inconvenience. !

Our developer are working day and night to resolve critical issues and bugs and in that process sometimes they gets delayed in addressing all issues. That's what happening with this one. But I've pinged them again with note of important. Hopefully this time they will take a look at this soon.

Again I am really sorry for all trouble you are facing due to this issue.
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Rolf

Hi Milan

do you have a status update now?
    I have another client who want to have a reservation system. But at the moment I can't make an offer until I know that the system is running correctly. Also the current client asking me daily about the fix for the issue? Would it be possible to install a previous version until this is solved?

regards

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Rolf!

Yes, you can roll-back to a previous version although the "custom filed display" issue would then appear again. However I believe this may be indeed less of an issue than lack of confirmation e-mails. I just checked the status of this and it's still under development and I hope the nearest update will include solution, therefore you could then update back. I'm still not able to give any ETA on this though.

As for "downgrade". You may download any of the previous versions of the plugin here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/

To do this, visit the page being logged in into your WPMU DEV account and then click on "changelog" link right above the "Install" button. For each enlisted version there's a download link on the left there.

After you download the plugin:

- deactivate (not delete) current Appointments+ on "Plugins -> All plugins" page
    - access your site via FTP
    - switch to "/wp-content/plugins/" folder
    - delete the "appointments" folder
    - extract downloaded file to your local drive and upload "appointments" folder from there to "/wp-content/plugins" folder
    - enable plugin back again

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.