additional fields facebook registration

Hi There,

Is there an easy way to collect additional fields of information when someone registers for my site via the Facebook plugin?

Thanks,
Jeremy

• volcanix92

Thanks, Joe. Maybe I can give you a broader view first to frame this a little.

I'm trying to create a buddypress site where people can come provide me data about them so I can match them up in an offline context. I'd like people to visit my sight and register via facebook. I'm hoping this would provide me their name, age, gender and friends list. I'd then also like to require them to provide me additional information such as t-shirt size, mailing address, preferences for charities to donate time at (ranking animal, outdoor, children, community, adult, etc.). I want to collect this data from them and output it into excel.

I was hoping I could do this with a simple combination of your Holder template, BuddyPress and the Facebook plug-in.

Many thanks,
    jeremy

• aecnu

Greetings Jeremy,

Thank you for the additional input and vision which makes it much easier to give advice/advise I can assure you :wink:

In this case I would handle this one of two ways, either using Gravity forms on the registration page or perhaps Buddy Press extended profiles in which you can add your own custom fields.

The Buddy Press extended profiles method I would have them redirected to upon log in to the extended profiles area possibly using the BuddyPress Login Redirect plugin

One of those methods should certainly do the job for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.