Additional Fields for Appointments+ (Option field, Dropdown field)

Hello,

I'm having some trouble figuring out how to add other types of fields to the app_confirmation shortcode. I've activiated the addon for Additional Fields but there are only 2 options and for what I would like to achieve, it is quite limiting. So I have 2 questions;

1. How can I configure the Additional Fields php file to include the 2 other field types (Radio Button & Dropdown Box)?

2. Can I assign a value to these options and have them added into the final payment price? (I noticed the variable 'response.price' in the shortcodes.php file)

Thank you!

Web Link: http://dodonosora.sakura.ne.jp/2014/rental/booking1-2a/

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jireh,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

1. How can I configure the Additional Fields php file to include the 2 other field types (Radio Button & Dropdown Box)?

Checkbox and radio button should both work in the same way since currently you are not able to add values to the fields.

With that said, I can see how that would be really useful to do and I'll add it as a feature request :slight_smile: along with adding in other field type support.

2. Can I assign a value to these options and have them added into the final payment price? (I noticed the variable 'response.price' in the shortcodes.php file)

Are you thinking like adding in add-ons for the appointment, this is a cool idea as well; however, again would involve some additional customization. I will add it to the feature requests.

Thanks for your feedback here :slight_smile:

In the meantime, a good way to offer additional add-ons is by integrating Appointments+ with MarketPress. Then you can place products on the Appointment page via shortcode and add the appointment plus the add-ons to the cart then checkout all at once.

Hope this helps Jireh!

Let us know if you have any further questions/thoughts on this :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• Jireh

Hey Tyler,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes to both (1) and (2), however I am not finding an easy solution if I were to try and bring in Marketpress into the equation.

I very simply want to include 3 radio buttons OR simple 3 text box allowing my users to key how many pax of a particular service they would want. And then having that information parse and added into the final payment amount so that an email will be sent with that total.

At the moment I am getting my clients to make payments through bank transfer because again there isn't a simple way to make this work with Paypal (unless I'm wrong? I hope I am).

Any suggestions? Everytime i try to change something with the php files it turns my website into a blank white screen. :disappointed:

Jireh

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jireh,

I agree this would be a convenient feature to have; however, it will include a fair bit of custom code in order to achieve. I have passed it on as a feature request to our developers so they can put it into consideration :slight_smile:

As for getting it done immediately, the only workaround I can think of is adding in MarketPress to allow for multiple appointments being checked out at once.

Another option would be to post it on our jobs board so you can hire a talented member of the community to develop this for you: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

If you have any further questions on this just let me know :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.