Additional Fields on Registration Form

Ok, I've been touring all of the threads about this but don't see much in the way of answers.

I would like to add two fields to the Membership Registration page OR pull in the Membership Registration fields to the Create a Custom Page option in the options. Are there short codes?

I would like this page: http://cohe.humanistinstitute.org/registration/?action=registeruser&subscription=1

To be able to also have the Name and Address fields so that when a user registers all this data is capture for their profile.

My big concern is that when people BOTH register for the first time and try to buy content that they can flow through that process seamlessly.

Thank you!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Kevin

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question, I'm afraid out of the box, you can't add custom registration fields or grab certain registration fields with the membership plugin.

The only way currently to add custom fields is to use BuddyPress and x-profile fields I'm afraid, Custom fields for the registration form are being considered for future development.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Kevin

Ok, then I have an alternative question/solution I would like advice about please. Sorry for the long explanation. I'm trying to work through how someone brand new to our site can get both registered and subscribed to content as smoothly as possible.

If you have an alternative for both a robust registration form and subscription process I would love to hear it.

---

If I use Cimy User Extra Fields to create my registration form, which I had before Membership Premium and have re-enabled here:

http://cohe.humanistinstitute.org/wp-login.php?action=register

That fixes my registration problem, however it is still difficult/confusing for user who are signing up AND paying for content at the same time.

If a person goes to take our course, lets use the free ones as an example. From our homepage (http://cohe.humanistinstitute.org) they click on the Take Course button under Individual Learning.

That brings them to our set of courses that are all free, and I have set them up so that all 14 courses are on one subscription.

So they click on any "Take Course" button, which is when they hit the payment wall. Now they are not registered, so they aren't logged in. They are on the Registration Page and see the two different subscription plans and click the "Sign Up" button under the Individual Learning subscription. This brings them to the Membership Premium registration page.

How do I have them see the Cimy one instead?

Or how do you suggest I go about have a robust registration form and subscriptions?

Thank you for your help!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Kevin,

I hope you are well today and sorry for the extreme delay with my reply.

Thank you for your additional question, the current workflow then for your site.

Is register (with cimy registration fields), Then choose subscription > then go onto the sign up button and sign up for the for the course? Or is that wrong.

Would you mind if I registered a test user to see exactly what happens please?

Thank you and again sorry for the delay.

• Kevin

Hello Jack,

The flow is dependent on what the user clicks from our homepage (http://cohe.humanistinstitute.org) they can click either of the Take Course buttons in the main content area or they can click either the Log In or Register buttons in the right sidebar.

I believe I have the signing up piece working now with the Cimy Extra Fields registration leading them back to the Membership Subscription buttons.

My latest problem is with our paid content.

If you would like to create a user account to see it feel free, just let me know your username so that once it is resolved I can delete you out of the system.

If you click on the "Family Topics" course on the homepage you will see our Course Access page which is our protected content screen in Membership.

Then click register now and make an account.

You will be redirected back to the Course Access page which should now look different and you SHOULD see two options for subscriptions one is free for Individual Courses and the other is Family Topics: Humanist Parenting. Can you try to register for the paid one? You don't need to actually pay to see my problem. When you hit paypal they isn't a way to pay without creating a paypal account. I know this is possible with other plugins because I have them currently working on other sites.

I found this post on paypal's site about the problem: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/mer/WAX_landing-outside

But our account IS set for Paypal Account to be optional.

Please advise, I've been trying to get this plugin working for use for over a week and I am close to giving up and asking for a refund.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Kevin,

Thanks for the additional information, registration with cimy is indeed now working correctly after I just tested (u: jackstest)

I just tried that with the paid course under family courses, and went to PayPal and it did ask me to create a PayPal account or sign in to my PayPal account.

I believe that Membership uses express checkout (for PayPal) and for this within PayPal it forces the user to have a PayPal account and the only to not have them sign up for PayPal is PayPal payments pro, or payflow which is a paid service.

I'm going to flag the lead developer for him to provide some clarification on this.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.