additional Privacy plugin and inconsistencies in site search and sitewide posts

Hi,
I have installed the "Additional Privacy plugin". It works fine as far as accessing the blogs is concerned.
However, I have noticed a few inconsistencies when it comes to the sitewide modules on the main blog:
For test purpose, I have used the option "user must be logged in to view".
1) recent posts:
The recent global post widget does list the post from the private blog wether the user is logged in or not. (though you can only read the entire post if you log in). The recent global post does not show the post from the private blog wether you log in or not.

2) Global site search:
Behaves like the recent global post widget and does not return private blogs posts wether the user is logged in or not.

I'm not too bothered by the recent post listing, but I think the iste search issue is more problematic. Is there a solution for that, eiher by changing the indexer or the site search widget? Or is it just a problem with my own install?

Thanks in advance.

Catherine

• Andrew

Hiya,

These plugins are actually functioning as they should. The post widget shows posts from all blogs regardless of the privacy setting due to numerous complaints about it not showing posts from private blogs. Basically due to user complaints we removed the privacy check.

The site search plugin still has the privacy check. You can remove it by remove 'AND blog_public = 1' without the quotes from the queries.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• cat28

Hi, I guess it's difficult to please everyone. Now that I tested both solution, I guess there is a point not returning posts from private blogs in the global search function.
    However, I still think that if the user is logged in and is allowed to access a post, then he should be able to search for it.
    I would like to be able to add a little verification for user status (logged in, subscriber) in that global_site_search_landing_navigation_output function.
    Any chance to get some help on that ? How does WPMU hold session?

Thanks

Catherine

• Andrew

Hiya,

However, I still think that if the user is logged in and is allowed to access a post, then he should be able to search for it.

I'm afraid that's not something we'll most likely be adding into the global site search plugin. Only a small fraction of our users use the privacy plugin.

Any chance to get some help on that ?

I'm afraid we're a bit busy at the moment and coding assistance isn't a service provided with premium accounts. It's just something we help with when we have time. You may want to look into hiring a developer:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/developers/

How does WPMU hold session?

Cookies

Thanks,
    Andrew

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.