Addon for extra fields isn't working

When I go to add a field it doesn't do anything. I've given staff access so please let me know what may be the problem. I am seeing errors in the console. Thanks!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Tony,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

This is a bug which has already been reported, developers are aware of this issue, and are working to provide a fix asap. Hopefully the next update should fix this issue, but I'm afraid I don't have an ETA for when the current patch will be released. Will definitely let you know once the fix has been issued. I'm marking this thread, so that you'll get an update when a fix is made available.

We truly appreciate your patience regarding this. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi Tony

This is already fixed and waiting to be released in next version. For a quick fix, please go to lib/plugins/eab-rsvps-additional_registration_fields.php line no 221 and replace

$root.append(_.template(tpl, data));

with

$root.append( _.template( tpl )( data ) );

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Tony

First of all you need to enable registration in your site. Please go to Settings > General and check the box for "Membership - Anyone can register".

Then go to Events > Settings > General and allow facebook and twitter login. Once you enable those social login, then events register popup loads too. Then in that popup you can see the fields, please check screenshot.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Tony
    • The Incredible Code Injector

HI Ash,

I'm still having trouble. I followed your instructions and I saw the popup appear. However, it doesn't seem to when I'm logged in as a user. And when I came back the second time the popup didn't appear as an anonymous user.

In this application users will already be logged in as a participant in the forum. Is that going to be an issue?

Thanks!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Tony,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I'm still having trouble. I followed your instructions and I saw the popup appear. However, it doesn't seem to when I'm logged in as a user. And when I came back the second time the popup didn't appear as an anonymous user.

Additional fields show up when a visitor registers for an event, it doesn't show for logged in users, as they are already registered. I checked your website, and the form seems to work when logged out. The addon is designed to add additional fields when an user registers to attend the event.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Tony
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Can you please explain the workflow? If someone isn't registered or logged in then they will get the popup with extra fields? What happens if we change the fields? So they can't be logged in to see the popup even after they registered for a previous event?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Tony, hope you had a wonderful day.

Well, let me try to describe the workflow. When someone is not logged in and comes to any of your events page, he needs to register *an account* on your site first. Then that user account is assigned as "Attending" for that event. So you don't actually register for an event, you register for an account on your site. And while registering an account, you can add additional fields like his phone number, address etc. When he is done with registering his account on your site with necessary details, he can RSVP to any event on your site without registering again because you already have his info and when he clicks on "I'm Attending", his user account gets attached with that event as "Attending".

So if someone is not logged in, they will get the popup with extra fields. Logged in users won't see the registration popup as they are already registered users of your site. If you change the fields, new users will see your updated fields during registration.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.