addtional user registration fields and custom member variables

Hiya! I'm trying to get on to a Live Chat but the link is not working - so I will ask my question here...

I have read a lot of threads about adding extra fields to the member registration form using the Cimy plugin and also Buddypress. I haven't tested this yet but will do. The only thing is as I am looking ahead in the membership process I see a potential problem. In our process we pause after the user has registered to approve the membership before providing the invitation code to them to finish their membership purchase. After the user profile is created we need all the registration form information (including the extra fields) to be sent by email to admins so they can approve the membership. The automated emails add-on allows for a custom email to be copied to the admin but the variables are limited. Is there a way to add custom user variables for each of the additional fields on the registration form so that they can be added to the automated email? Or is there another way you can suggest for admin to be notified of a new user registration with all the form data included in the notification?

Thanks in advance!

• Angela

Okay - in my testing I have set up the Cimy Extra User Fields plugin with success. The plugin can send an email to admin with all the form info - great!

I ran into one issue though - I need the successful registration form to redirect to a custom "thank you, please wait for approval" page instead of the generated invitation code page. I've read through many of the threads about redirection but none that I've found speak to redirecting before payment. Can you help me with how to redirect a specific membership form to a specific custom page?

Thanks!

• Ash

Hello Angela

The procedure is to redirect from registration form to the payment page, even if the member is free still it is redirected, then the system considers it as free and then bypass that page. So instead of payment page if you want to redirect it will break the workflow and you have to edit the plugin code for that.

Would you please let me know about your approval process so that I can suggest something alternative if possible?

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Angela

Hi Ash,

Thanks for your reply. My hope was to do this by either editing the upper portion of the Join Membership page (with the invitation code field) with a notice or by redirecting them to a different page with a message - but any other suggestions are welcome!

There's not much to the approval process. After the user has registered we want them to stop the process by signalling to them that they can't go any further without an invitation code. Site admin would then get their info by notification email and then manually send the user an email with approval, an invitation code and the account page link so they can log in and continue with payment (these are paid memberships).

If redirection is not possible then perhaps I can add to or change the text at the top of the Join Membership page? Where do I find that text?

Best,
    Angela

• Ash

Hello Angela

Do you mean the register page? To add content in all M2 dedicated page, you can add in the editor.

Please go to Dashboard > Membership 2 > Settings > General and there you will see edit M2 pages link, please follow the screenshot. In the edit page screen, add your content before the shortcodes.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash