Adjust CSS coding on a directory link

Hello, on our page http://members.flooringassociation.org/business-directory/ there is a double entry in the “business name” line. (the first one is “A Cut Above Hardwood Floors) We would like to remove the first instance of the name. We believe this is to be done with CSS.

• ibizworks
    • Flash Drive

Thanks. You may not see the double entry if you are viewing the page in Safari. In Safari it shows an image block. In Firefox it shows a duplicated text entry.

In either case, we would like it to be deleted from our site. We don’t need an image to be included.

Thanks also for the overlapping text code. When we applied it, however, it changed the line spacing for the whole listing, not just the two line entries. Any way to change line spacing for just the two line entries. Thanks.

• Conhost
    • Flash Drive

There are 2 places in your child theme styles.css that had:

line-height: .6;

I changed them to “normal” and it fixed it in my browser.

/* listing font size and line spacing */

.wpbdp-listing-excerpt.odd {

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #efefef;

line-height: normal; font-size: 1em;

}

/* listing font size and line spacing */

.wpbdp-listing-excerpt.even {

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #f9f9f9;

line-height: normal; font-size: 1em;

}

• ibizworks
    • Flash Drive

Thanks.

We still want to remove the image box that shows in Safari. (In Firefox it shows as a duplicated text entry.

In either case, we would like it to be deleted from our site. We don’t need an image to be included. Anyone have an idea how to remove this element? Thanks.

• Conhost
    • Flash Drive

I don’t have Safari on my machine and cannot even get a shot of it from browsershots.

I don’t see any dupe text in my firefox browser.

Anyone have an idea how to remove this element? Thanks.

If you have firefox, you can add the firebug extension and then select by element to find out where it’s being created.

• ibizworks
    • Flash Drive

Thanks for you help on this.

Checking with Firebug, I believe this is the code that needs to addressed:

.wpbdp-listing-excerpt .listing-thumbnail

We would like to make it not show up at all. Is this done with none !important, or other css code? Thanks.

• Conhost
    • Flash Drive

I see what you are talking about in IE8…

It’s in the php and/or js files…have you tried contacting the author? I can usually hack my way through a fix for stuff like this on my sites but I’m far from a php coder and I am unfamiliar with this plugin.

I did go through 21 pages of support questions on the plugin support page looking for anyone that ask this question….found nothing.

Sorry

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.