Adjusting Facebook Posts

I have been using UF to post from my blog to FB and noticed a few issues.

First, is there a way to publish a draft post on a Facebook Page? It doesn't always look right when its sent to FB and it would be nice to have it saved as a draft on the FB Page so it can be reviewed before publishing.

Also, the titles of blog posts are published twice on FB, it does not look the same as it does on WP. Can you help me fix that?

Finally, is there any way to control what parts of a WP post are sent to the FB post? I don't want to publish any content on FB, just the title of the post.

• Rupok

Hi Mike,

is there a way to publish a draft post on a Facebook Page?

You can always post your site article link in your facebook profile and set the privacy to "Only Me". In that way, you can test how it will look like in facebook, but only you can see that.

If you meant is it possible to publish to facebook before publishing the article on your site [draft mode in your site], then I'm afraid, it won't be possible. Because draft posts on site are only visible by the author and admins. Facebook won't be able to crawl that post until published on your site.

Or did you mean something else which I'm missing? Can you please describe? I can tell you better if I'm clear about your query.

the titles of blog posts are published twice on FB, it does not look the same as it does on WP

This is really weird. Blog Posts should not be published twice on FB. Can you please tell us the interval between those two posts on FB? Do they get published at the same time? Can you please give us a screenshot or link of your fb page where I can see this live?

And can you please explain how the title is changing? I mean can you give any example of this issue? Like what is the title on your site and what title is being shown in facebook?

is there any way to control what parts of a WP post are sent to the FB post?

If you go to post editor, you will see OpenGraph settings on right sidebard. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

From that section you can choose what to publish on facebook and what not too. You can set custom title to be posted in FB, custom description (empty if you want), specific image for facebook post etc.

Please provide all details I requested above so we can understand the scenario better and investigate further. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving these issues as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hey Mike D,

Hope you are doing good today.

I'm able to replicate the same in my system, I could see the title appearing twice, as shown in your screenshot. Since the 1st title is more of a text, not sure whether that's by design, or more of a bug. I'm pinging the developer regarding this, and will keep you posted once I get a feedback regarding this.

Please do note that developers work round the clock with many critical issues, and hence have a slow response time. Either myself, or the developer will keep you posted.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Mike D,

Hope you are doing good today.

I got an update from the developer, could you please try the following code, and check whether it works fine.

function wpmudev_fb_post_titles( $send, $post_id  ){

$send['message'] = '';

return $send;

}

add_filter( 'wdfb-autopost-post_update', 'wpmudev_fb_post_titles', 10, 2 );

This will remove the first title, ie above the image. You can add the above snippet in your themes functions.php.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin