Adjustments to the Appointments+ plugin

I am trying to get this adjusted for the client. I need to edit the text that says "click a free day...". Also the title is very small and need to be increased in size. I would ideally like to have a solid color in the background as it looks weird now. And lastly I want to remove the not possible option. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am on a deadline so thanks for any quick responses.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Brogan,

I'm sorry, there isn't a way to change that text without modifying the plugin. You can do this in class_app_shortcodes.php around line 365

For the visual elements, this would require a few CSS changes. Could you provide a link to your appointments page? I could take a look for you to see what we can do here.

Best regards,

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Alexander Rohmann - I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion

Hi @Brogan

To confirm:-

You can revise the 'Click a free day to apply for an appointment.' by revising the following shortcode in your 'Appointments' page

[app_schedule logged="add your new content here."]

Could you please confirm which title you require increasing in size?

You also mention the background colour looks weird.
    Are you referring to the blue sky and clouds and that this is part of your theme?

If so I would suggest you could change the 'title' size, background and 'hide' the 'not possible' using customer css.

However when you mention you want to remove 'not possible' are you referring just to the legend at the bottom or if you actually want to remove all dates that show as 'not possible' in the schedule?

You may wish to consider revising the following shortcode that will remove the 'show available times' button to the right of the 'Services dropdown so when a 'Service' is selected from the dropdown the page will automatically refresh and display the relevant schedule, so simplifying the process:-

[app_services autorefresh="1"]

I hope this helps

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Brogan

Could you please try the following to hide 'not possible', including the colour in the legend:-

Login to your Wordpress dashboard as Admin
    Then Select 'Appointment' and 'Settings'
    Then Select the 'General' tab
    Then scroll down to the 'Display Settings' section
    Then add the following code in the 'Additional css Rules' field.
    Both on separate lines, retaining any other code that may be in the field

table.appointments-legend-table>tbody>tr>td:last-of-type {display: none;}
    table.appointments-legend-table>tbody>tr>td:nth-last-of-type(2) {display: none;}

Then Save
    Then navigate to the 'Appointments' page and refresh the page
    Then confirm if this has hidden the 'not possible' in the legend.

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Brogan

I've investigated the possible options and it is not recommended to make content changes using css.

However I can confirm I've managed to change 'Free' to 'Open' directly in the core file: appoinments.php file at line 1183.
    The only problem with this solution is that it would revert back to 'Free' after an upgrade, so you would then have to change again.

There may be another option by creating .po file to force the change but you would have to check with the developer if this would cause any problems.

The only other option would be if there is a hook that could be used and then you could write some bespoke code and insert in your theme or child theme but again you would need to confirm with the developer if there is a hook available.

I hope this helps

Regards
    SteveB

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Cool! Great to see that suggestion worked. Thanks @pxwm

As for the text change, there are a few ways to do this. Modifying the code, or changing the po file would both work.

One method I've been using more lately is this plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/quick-localization/

It allows you to hook in during the translation process and add minor changes. This way you can sort out a few strings without needing to add an entire translation.

When adding a string, just be sure to use the correct text domain "appointments"

Take care!

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Brogan

The easiest way to remove the white background in the legend row is to add some bespoke code to the 'Additional css Rules' field in the A+ 'General' tab.

However this will also remove the white background in the weekday row in the schedule.
    Is this a problem?

Could you try the following and let me know if it works.

<blockquote>tr:nth-child(2n+1) {background: none !important;}</blockquote>

Regards
    SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi @Brogan

If this doesn't work could you remove the code from the 'Additional css Rules' field in the A+ 'General' tab.

I suggest the only way you can remove the white background is to remove the following line of code from your css style sheet in your theme:-

tr:nth-child(2n+1) {
        background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FAFAFA;
    }

To confirm the above code is on line 1420 in your theme css style sheet

As always I suggest you take a backup of your site and database before making any changes so you have a rollback option.

I hope that helps
    Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.