I had activated a bunch of the plugins yesterday, and worked with just a couple, Login Redirects (both), primarily Membership, and actually that's about it. but, while working with it (no modifications to code), the admin bar disappeared when I am visiting the site.
so I disabled all the plugins, and checked to see if this was still the case. It was.
Then I opened MySql workbench and checked out user_metadata
show_admin_bar_front was set to false. I changed it to true and my adminbar is back.
But, I can't interpret the wp1_capabilities field, which I am guessing is the key to me not being able to update the role in my user file. Here it is:
My wp_user_level is 10,
Let me know if you need anything else.