Admin bar missing after installing domain mapping plugin

Since mapping a domiain, My admin bar is not visible on any of my mapped 'sub' sites front end view?

This was directly caused by installing domain mapping and adding a mapped domain.

Example:
before I mapped a domain the url was
[mapped-domain.primary.com]

Since adding domain mapping ie URL is now [mapped-domain.com,] I no longer have an admin bar on the frontend. This happens with every one of my mapped domains but NOT with unmapped domains?

This is an exact issue I had some time ago and for this reason I removed the plugin, but I really would like to use domain mapping so I hope you can resolve this for me.

Thanks,
J

• Nastia

Hello @Jay, I hope you are well today!

I'm sorry you having this issue!

I can see this issue as well on your end. Would you please run a quick check for a conflict with a plugin? Disable all other plugin and test of the admin bar still diasappears from your subsites. If this issue is gone, please enable one plugin at the time to find out which one is causing this conflict.

Please do the same with your theme. Switch to a default WordPress theme and test again.

You can follow the flowchart from our manual:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hello @Jay

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

This is because cross domain auto login is set to no in your domain mapping settings. It means you are not being recognized as logged in users on mapped site because cross domain cookies can be used due to security reasons. Since adminbar is only visible to logged in users that's why you can't see admin bar.

To see the admin bar on mapped site and stay logged in there, enable this option from Network > Settings > Domain Mapping > Cross-domain autologin, as seen in screenshot.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Jay

As my sites are membership sites (that are controlled via your membership pro2 and each site is totally independent - ie access to just one subsite/subdomain per purchase) this setting would be out of the question.

Allowing someone to automatically login to ALL SITES .. how would this possibly be a solution with membership sites that are intended to be independant of each other?

Are you saying that DOMAIN MAPPING cannot be used with MEMBERSHIP PRO designed for the control of subsites including paid or private membership MULTISITES... unless you are prepared to over-ride the login control of all your sites?

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the purpose of cross domain AUTO login? The way I see it, this would completely disregard membership login access control?

• Nastia

Hello @Jay, I hope you are well today!

It's ok to enable Cross Domain Autologin, the users won't have full access to other site except you choose to change their roles. It will not automatically change the user role or membership type.

You can use freely the Domain Mapping plugin with Membership 2 Pro plugin.

For example, If one user has an administrator role on site #1, since the user never been assigned the same role on site #2, he won't be able to login to it. A member has to be registered to all sites in order to auto login to other domains.

You can read more about the user's roles and capabilities here:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities

I hope this explains it. :slight_smile:

Please, let me know if you require additional information regarding this matter.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.