Admin Bar & Multi-domains

Hi There,

I am using the WP Admin Bar with Buddypress, and have Multi-domains installed. Members who have blogs on domains other than the main domain have no admin bar when they sign in and go to their blog, also logged out users don't see the Admin bar while browsing though the sites, I would like the Admin Bar to show all the time, how could I make this change?

Thanks.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Fondeli,

Sorry for the delay here, took me a good moment to setup a good test site for this. I can actually see the BP admin bar being logged in on a Multi-Domain site in testing this.

I'm curious what you mean by using the "WP Admin Bar" with BuddyPress. Could you please clarify?

Thanks,
    David

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi David,

I mean the wordpress admin bar rather than the buddypress admin bar. While using the buddypress admin bar it showed up all the time, but the wordpress admin bar only shows up when you are logged in, and if your blog is on a different domain, you have to login to your blog for the admin bar to appear. This probably brings me to another issue, with the multi-domains it seems that you have to login to each domain separately. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi,

I have now commented out the use wp admin bar in wp-config.php and the buddypress bar is back on all sites, except the main site. On the main site, I have the wp admin bar just as if Buddypress wasn't installed. How do I get back the Buddypress Admin Bar?

Thanks.

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

I'm a bit in limbo with this one...

I would like to use the wordpress admin bar, I have added this: define('BP_USE_WP_ADMIN_BAR', true); to wp-config. So this shows up if you are logged in on all sites on the main domain, fondelifair.com, if the blog is on a different domain name it doesn't show up, it also only show up for logged out members on the main site, not on any of the sub domains.

So I tried to go back to the Buddypress Admin Bar, and so commented out the line above in wp-config, and the Buddypress shows up on all sites as before, except the main site, which now has the wordpress admin bar as if there was no Buddypress. I have tried adding remove_action('init', 'wp_admin_bar_init'); to the Gridmarket functions.php file, didn't work, so tried the fucntions.php file in Framemaket, still didn't work.

Would there be a fix for either of the above, as I would be happy to get either one working now.

Thanks.

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi fondeli
    the wp-admin-bar were hide ( not showing ) by default for not logged in user.
    as for the buddypress bar, check the setting in buddypress to show bp-admin-bar also
    for not logged in user.

on side note, if the admin bar not showing, check the html source code if there a wp-admin-bar
    id/class...the theme may be missing <?php wp_footer(); ?>

• Fondeli
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks for replying Richie, my problem is that both the buddypress bar and the wp bar are showing...the wp bar is covering the buddypress bar and I can't switch it off! How can I turn off the wp bar, I have tried already as outlined above, but nothing has worked!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.