Admin Bar Problem after upgrade to WP 3.8– WP/BP Pro Sites; and WPMU Dashboard formatting not rende

In my admin bar, after upgrading to WP 3.8 today, there is a problem with the “My Sites” tab and drop down menu. When you go to “My Sites,” it lists “Network Admin,” and the one other site that is created under my username. However, next to the name of the site, there is a strange icon with a question mark appearing. Does anyone know what the problem is here.

Also, there is an issue with the WPMU DEV dashboard formatting not rendering properly after the 3.8 upgrade. The text begins half way down the page.

• eblogger
    • Flash Drive

yes i have ultimate branding installed. however, i never had favicon uploaded. the default was no favicon, and i left it that way. it was fine under 3.7.

i just went into branding, and "reset" the image to no image again. the problem persists. here are 2 more screenshots, from after the reset.

thanks for any other ideas you may have.

• eblogger
    • Flash Drive

ok, the screen shots above were all from Safari. when i open in Firefox, the issue is present, but different. in firefox, instead of showing the box with a question mark around it, it shows some text underneath the name of the site. Firefox screenshot attached hereto.

It seems that in 3.8, it rendering the lack of a favicon as an error, instead of as nothing.

any ideas? thanks so much.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi

check using FTP to see if that image file esists in that location.

I checked on my site, it doesn’t exist. which imo this is a bug in wp 3.8 & should be reported to wordpress.org

However, you can fix by uploading your own favicon using ultimate branding.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi, probably everyone who doesn’t use a custom favicon will most likely have this issue. I have the issue on 2 of my other sites where i haven’t used ultimate branding plugin to change the favicon.

I also reported the issue to WP too, so the more the merrier :slight_smile:

Cheers

• eblogger
    • Flash Drive

I created a favicon and uploaded it through custom branding. That took care of the problem, on the network admin site and on the main site, and for all site that are under my account. I am concerned that the problem will persist for users who create blogs on my network. They may or may not want my favicon, and they may or may not have access to custom branding. Most would not, as this is a plugin for the admin of the network, essentially. What’s the point of branding your network if you are just going to let end users change your admin bar, logo, etc.?

So, I still think my preferred option would be NO favicons by default, which is how I had it in WP 3.7, and worked without a problem. Still not fixed. Not sure if it is a WP issue or a WPMUDEV Custom Branding Plugin Issue.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.