Admin Capabilities on WP MU

Hi Everyone,

New here and had another question. I currently run a WordPress single user install and have been for quite some time. I am transforming the site into a Multi-site blogging network. In doing this, I plan on giving “Admin” rights to all new users as default so they can sign up to create their very own blog/site.

However, I am worried since I read something about admins being able to delete other admins. But was this referring to admins being able to only remove other admins of that same site example.test.com? Or do all admins of all sub-domains on my network have the ability to remove other admins from other sites/sub domains on my network? Sorry if I am not clear. Hope you understand my question :slight_smile: Happy new year!

Mike

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

In doing this, I plan on giving “Admin” rights to all new users as default so they can sign up to create their very own blog/site.

You don’t need to do this. When they visit your site and register for a new blog, they will be given the admin access they need to their blog only.

When you enable Multisite you will be given super admin status, which means that you control the network which contains all the subsites and is one level above sub-site admins.

Thanks,

Phil

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Awesome! thanks so much! That makes total sense. However, what default role should I give all new users that sign up? Does subscriber do the trick and allow them to create the blog? Sorry I am really new to multi-site and just now trying to digest all this information. Thanks for the excellent support :slight_smile:

Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.