admin create site receive affiliate bonus

hi.. pro sites n recurring payments... an affiliate can only receive their bonus once the user clicks on the special link to signup.. but wat about if the admin creates the site for that person instead... how can they then receive their bonus? also is it possible to split the payment several ways? multiple paypal eg.. part site owner, part affiliate & part charity.. if not can u add it in the module please?
thnx.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lance,

Hope you're doing well today!

Right now, with the way Affiliates tracks, the user has to click the affiliate link or come from an affiliates site, if you have their site linked to the affiliate too.

However, if the admin sets up the site - you could have the user first fill out a form that includes the affiliates name so you can manually credit the affiliate :slight_smile:

also is it possible to split the payment several ways? multiple paypal eg.. part site owner, part affiliate & part charity..

Not with Pro Sites at this time. If you ever use MarketPress then you can use chained PayPal payments and also affiliates to split the payment in multiple different ways :slight_smile:

I'll mark this as a feature request so the developer is aware.

Thanks for bringing it up Lance.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Lance,

Hope you're doing well today and apologies for my delay!

Are you referring to manually crediting the referring friend? Sorry about that - I should have explained that better.

If you go to Network admin > Affiliates > Manage Affiliates. Then you will see a list of your affiliates and you can choose one to "manage", in this case it will be the referring friend.

Then when you are managing them you will see the options in the screenshot that I have attached, credit, debit, and set payment.

Credit user: This is for if you are manually adding money to their account.

Debit user: This is for if you are removing money from their account, perhaps a referral they had didn't fit your guidelines, so you can remove it.

Set Payment on Account: This is to track your payment and reset the balance back to $0 so you can accurately track it for the next period :slight_smile:

Hope this helps Lance, if I missed anything there just let me know - more than happy to assist further!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.