Admin Locked Out of Website

Hi All,
I tried searching the forums for quick info about this, but could not find anything. So I need some quick help.

I'm using the membership plugin, and when trying to log in as the site admin, I get a message reading 'Sorry, this account is not active.'

Can I reset this in the database? Or deactivate the plugin through the DB so that I can access my site again?

Thanks in advance!
Shawn

• borellidesigns
    • Flash Drive

Hi Tim,
    By deactivate I mean 'Disable' the membership plugin. There is an option to "Enable' or 'Disable' the plugin within the dashboard. This option should be saved somewhere in the DB. If I 'Disable' the plugin, I should be able to log in again correct?

If I change the plugin directory name, and it auto-deactivates the plugin, I won't be able to reactivate it without my account still being labeled as 'not active' by the plugin.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

By deactivate I mean 'Disable' the membership plugin. There is an option to "Enable' or 'Disable' the plugin within the dashboard. This option should be saved somewhere in the DB. If I 'Disable' the plugin, I should be able to log in again correct?

You could go changing settings in the database to deactivate a plugin, or you could:

To deactivate all plugins, just rename the plugin directory to something random, anything at all.

You can also move the membership plugin up one directory to disable it, or delete it. Then later re-add it back and it will come back.

If I change the plugin directory name, and it auto-deactivates the plugin, I won't be able to reactivate it without my account still being labeled as 'not active' by the plugin.

If the plugin is not active then it should not be imposing any restrictions on your account.

But still the thread I linked you to will tell you what table in the DB to check and change for activating a specific user account.

Hope this helps.

• borellidesigns
    • Flash Drive

Sorry for the delayed response! I fixed the issue by the following steps:

1. Deactivate the plugin @Timothy
    2. Login to the site
    3. Create a new administrative user with an alternate email
    4. Login as alternate admin user
    5. Reactivate membership plugin @Timothy
    6. Make 'Active' the previous account that was locked out

Problem solved! Thanks Timothy!!

Shawn

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.