Admin Login Down! Shows only blank page?

Hello, I have been having problems with 500 errors for awhile. I did a lot of work to figure out why, never completely did, but seemed to have gotten past whatever the problem was when I did my work on a live server. So I was thinking the problem was with my mamp,mac.

But now I just revamped a site a little in a sub domain, then transferred the site in place of the normal site. The front end everything is fine, but when I tried to log in the first time I got the same 500 error as before. Which has no detail explanation, just a this site may be temporarily down sort of thing.

So I renamed my plugins folder as instructed before (which always worked) to let me log in the site. But, this time after renaming the plugins folder I just get a blank white page. When I rename the plugins folder back to just "plugins", I still get a blank white page when trying to log in.

Please help, this is a live site right now. Fortunately I have Coming Soon Seed Pro and the site still has it's under maintenance page, but I would like to fix this as soon as possible and help spare my brain from officially imploding. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

• Noahj Champion

Oh, I do get this error log file in my /wp-admin folder.

The error for the most part reads:

[28-Jul-2013 11:26:05 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: magickwand: Unable to initialize module
    Module compiled with module API=20060613
    PHP    compiled with module API=20090626
    These options need to match
     in Unknown on line 0
    [28-Jul-2013 11:26:05 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: imagick: Unable to initialize module
     in Unknown on line 0
    [28-Jul-2013 11:26:05 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: PDO: Unable to initialize module
     in Unknown on line 0
    [28-Jul-2013 11:26:05 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: pdo_sqlite: Unable to initialize module
     in Unknown on line 0
    [28-Jul-2013 11:26:05 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/sqlite.so: undefined symbol: third_arg_force_ref in Unknown on line 0
    [28-Jul-2013 11:26:05 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: pdo_mysql: Unable to initialize module
     in Unknown on line 0
    [28-Jul-2013 11:26:05 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: SourceGuardian: Unable to initialize module
     in Unknown on line 0

And repeats itself for 8mb.

But near the end of the error log I find:

01-Aug-2013 00:56:23 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'MY_DATABASE_NAME.XXX_wp_layerslider' doesn't exist for query
      	SELECT id, name, date_c
      	FROM XXX_wp_layerslider
      	WHERE flag_hidden = '0' AND flag_deleted = '0'
      	ORDER BY date_c ASC LIMIT 100
      	 made by require_once('wp-admin/admin.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), include_once('/plugins/js_composer/js_composer.php'), require_once('/plugins/js_composer/config/map.php')
  • Noahj Champion

Hey @PC, hope things are well!

YOU'RE THE MAN!!! I turned on debugging and from there I was able to understand that one plugin still had the sub folder URL in it. I figured that had to be a problem. So I deleted that plugin and WALLA! Everything is back to normal.

I will remember to use debugging next time I run into this! This may have solved my brain implodes previously :slight_smile:

Thanks man! You rock!

@PC = My Favorite

• Noahj Champion

@PC, No problem! Sorry that I gave you a sever migraine. But good news. Migraines mean your brain is growing? Lookout TED Talks. Haha. I used to get them all the time like go to the hospital, pass out, vomit migraines. If any tip I would offer (if applies) is that glasses/contacts (or a better pair) have instantly killed almost 100% of my killer migraines. The only time I get migraines now is when outside in the heat doing something strenuous too long. Hope that can be of any help to a guru and a bad ass migraine. I wish them on no one.

Feel better, take care & thanks again @PC!

• Noahj Champion

Sounds great (be it that may be of help)! If I can help anyone avoid migraines like I have had, I have served a great purpose in life! I didn't think it would be glasses for me because I went without them for years with no migraines, then the last 5 years maybe some kind of stress triggered them, but glasses/contacts every day immediately got rid of them. I have been grateful ever since. -Take care, thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.