Admin Menu List of options not A-Z

Hi All

Is there a way to simply sort all entries here A-Z as it looks like a real chaos when having all the wpmudev plugins installed in an installation and you lose the overview easily.

Thanks
Andi

• Nahid

Hey Andi !
    Hope you are having a great day!

I spent quite some time trying to figure this out but I'm afraid I don't think re-ordering the admin menu items alphabetically would be an easy approach. A very simple workaround would be using a plugin like Admin Menu Editor or using WordPress' "menu_order" filter (you can give this article a read for detailed information). However, both of these will allow you to re-order each of the menu items according to your preference, but not alphabetically in an automated process.

However, if the above doesn't work for you, achieving something like that would require custom development because this is out of the scope of our support as it is a complex request which'd take much time (refer to the "WPMU DEV Support vs. Custom Development" section here).

Any clues regarding this would be using PHP's "usort" function with WordPress' global variable "$menu".

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any assistance regarding this for now. Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.