Admin menus not dropping down in IE 7

The top menu bar, My Sites, etc. isn't dropping down in IE 7.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings trjohnson,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

According to WordPress this is a known IE7 bug which was fixed in IE8
    Reference: http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/twenty-ten-pages-problems-in-ie7

"That is a known issue with Internet Explorer 7 (that issue has been corrected with version 8). It will only happen if there are menu items overflowing into a second level and a drop-down menu appears above an overflowed menu item."

From Lance - Staff" at WordPress:
    "As far as the IE7 issue in general -- it's a browser bug. There are JavaScript fixes for it, most notably Superfish Dropdowns, which applies a z-index fix to the submenus on the fly (after the page is loaded). Search Google for more information on that if you want to pursue it.

I'd recommend encouraging everyone you talk to to upgrade to the latest version of IE in order to get the most out of your site, since the bug was fixed in IE8."

IE7 is truly outdated and obviously full of bugs, thank goodness not as bad as Vista.

I may have a solution for you - have you tried the IE7-JS plugin?

That could possibly do the job for you - I would love to hear how it goes if you try it out?

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

If this thread is not resolved because the suggested action did not work or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.