Admin Notification Change of Membership Status

A few days ago I updated a test user to expire the day after to simulate an expiration for my annual members: https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9lmpmgnmx96tg1/Screenshot%202017-11-28%2014.26.46.png?dl=0

I also verified that the user should have received a notification when the account expired: https://www.dropbox.com/s/239aq11j0a75z8m/Screenshot%202017-11-28%2014.56.38.png?dl=0

Here's what happened:
1. The account did move to expired status (as I expected)
2. I did not receive an email about renewal (not expected)

Is there a way to send the administrator an email when accounts move to expired status so we can follow-up manually with members?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Michael-Cyger,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I've just tried to access your website using the support access you've kindly granted, but I wasn't able to. Here's the error message that I see:
    https://monosnap.com/file/gLuBAHY99op5nXdtTDBTzPOKUAxi0y

Is there any kind of security plugin installed in this website that could cause that?
    If so, could you please deactivate it and let us know here in your next reply?

Have you also enabled the below setting when editing the "Subscription - Expired" message?
    Please advise! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• MC
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Dimitris,

I do not have any security plugins installed besides WPMU Defender.

It looks like my server administrator has probably prevented your login system from working somehow. Does that seem logical, that server protocols could prevent your support system from working?

I've updated the admin settings for the "Subscription - Expired" notification, per your suggestion. I'm waiting for a membership to expire tomorrow to see what happens. I'll update you then.

Thank you for your support.

Best,
    Michael

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Yes, this should be coming from some server-side configuration, if there's no WP plugin in place.
    You can contact your hosting provider about this and ask them if we can surpass this somehow.

Looking forward for your results on the expiration emails too!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• MC

Hi Dimitris,

My test account went into expired status today:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/cknwanx0hsdlo57/Screenshot%202017-12-08%2006.35.04.png?dl=0

However, neither the user (it's a test email account of mine) nor the administrator (me) received an email notification saying that the account had expired.

I have a plugin that tracks all emails sent and none we sent about this expired account:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/htt9zqajgd031n4/Screenshot%202017-12-08%2006.35.40.png?dl=0

Any idea what's going on?

Can I send you login instructions via email instead of through the support system?

Thanks,
    Michael

• Majid
    • Syntax Hero

Hello Michael-Cyger

I went in and checked the subscription you mentioned in the first thread (id: 1570) and yes Indeed it was marked as expired, it usually take some extra hours for it to change the status (1hour to 6 hours) due to the Cron job nature, which runs every 6 hours to check for expired memberships. However for the expiry email, I checked some old expired memberships but they never sent the expiry emails as well.

It's going to be a little hard to debug in a live site as the tests will take at least 24 hours (1 day membership). During that time all of your site plugins will be disabled except for Membership 2.

So if you can setup a staging site (clone of your current site) it would be great to debug it without having to worry about the plugins being deactivated.

So yeah, let me know in a reply if that is possible.

Thanks,
    Majid

• MC

Hi Majid,

Thank you for logging in as an admin to see if you could easily fix the emails not being generated.

That person that moved to expired status has been there for over a day, so it's more than the 1 to 6 hours the Cron job may take to run.

Unfortunately, I don't have easy access to a staging server nor can I turn off plugins as I need the site to function for students.

Let me as you this...is there a quick function you can give me to email me whenever a student status changes to expired (https://www.dropbox.com/s/cknwanx0hsdlo57/Screenshot%202017-12-08%2006.35.04.png?dl=0) such that it will just email me directly?

Or can you point me to a place in the code where I can manually insert a request for it to email me (I know it will get overwritten the next update of the plugin I do, but at least it will work for a while and I will manually add the code again after the update).

Thank you!
    Michael

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

We've made some tests Majid and myself, and we were able to reproduce this issue, as we both didn't get any emails. I've already created a bug report for our developers. Me or another colleague of mine will keep you posted here as soon as possible!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• MC

Hi Dimitris and Majid,

I'm really appreciative that you took the initiative to test this scenario and duplicate the defect in code that I'm experiencing. Thank you.

I look forward to having a fix, even if it's just a patch until the next version launches.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

Best,
    Michael

• MC

Hi Dimitris and Majid,

It's been another month since I checked in with you, after you verified this issue, so I just wanted to see if you have had time to fix it and roll it out in a new version?

If so, which version?

I am not an expert at tracking the development status of this plugin, so if you could send me a link to the item # and webpage so I could track it myself, that would be MUCH appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Thanks so much,
    Michael

• MC

Hi Dimitris,

I am using the Automated Email Response for my expired memberships, and nothing is being sent out.

Attached are two screenshots:
    1. Showing my automated email response for yearly subscribers, and
    2. My memberships showing expired accounts

I use a plugin that records all emails going out, and I have verified that no automated emails for expired accounts are being sent.

I know the automated responses are working because when new students sign up, they get their welcome emails.

If the system sent out the automated emails upon subscription expiration, I wouldn't need anything else.

Any ideas?

Thank in advance for your assistance!

Best,
    Michael

• MC

Hi Dimitris,

Can you confirm if this issue ("expiration emails not sent out to admins and members") was resolved with the "Fixed: End date on expired membership mail" update of Version 1.1.2?

It's hard to tell what's being fixed when I look at the changelog.

Thank you for all your support!

Best,
    Michael

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there MC,

that was specific for the end-date in the body of this email template, not about the actual email not getting off. Unfortunately this task didn't make it for the latest v.1.1.5 release, I've already nagged to our developers to forward it for v.1.1.6.
    Your patience on this is highly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.