Admin pages take 30 minutes or more to load

I've tried installing Infinite SEO on one site with no problems at all. But on another site, the Infinite SEO admin pages take forever to load. Maybe 30 minutes or more (not sure -- i literally fell asleep while it was loading... long day).

Both sites are multisite enabled, but the second site (the one with the problem) has roughly 68,000 more posts on it (the first has about 4,000).

Any ideas??

Thanks,
k

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Those pages will almost certainly be causing the slowness... Infinite SEO is going through them to build your sitemap and that is going to take a lot of time.

It might help if you used caching plugins. Interestingly, most servers would timeout, killing the process before it finishes but yours is just allowing it to continue and finish.

Does the sitemap and other settings work fine?

Thanks,
    Phil

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings :slight_smile:

Phil is right on the money (as usual) with this one concerning the amount of pages.

I have tried this same plugin on a shopping site with upwards of 100,000 posts (products) and as Phil said the server timed out after an extended period of time.

I do not know personally if caching would help or not but as Phil mentioned I would try it as he proposed :slight_smile:

The reason I do not know if this ever worked out with so many posts is due to I changed that particular site off the word press format due to other reasons.

Joe :slight_smile:

• fbcpub
    • New Recruit

Actually, i don't think it ever finishes the process. All other admin pages load normally, Infinite SEO pages take a long time, but they always take a long time. Once it finished loading the first time, I had thought that maybe it did what it needed to do and would load more quickly, but subsequent page loads (like going to step 2) were taking just as long.

Since I'm primarily concerned with creating sitemaps, Arne Brachhold's google sitemap generator (beta) plugin seems to now work quite well with multisite. He has solved the issue of massive amounts of posts by creating a sitemap index with several dynamic sitemap pages. Looks pretty good. Have yet to test it against google webmaster tools...

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks!
    Phil

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.