Ads and Banner Rotating for Direct Advertiser but they want Click Through Rates and Impression Info

RE: Ads and Banner Rotating for Direct Advertiser but they want Click Through Rates and Impression Info

Hi folks,

We enabled wpmudev dashboard support for you to access as well fyi . . .

So...

Right now, we have the "AllInOne Banner Rotator" by the "LambertGroup" from the Envato Marketplace. It is very user friendly but it does not capture click though rates or impressions. Our potential direct advertisers are asking for those stats, and we cannot provide them with any.

1. How can we get provide that info with the "AllInOne Banner Rotator" (perhaps some other plugin or some hack or some outside program like clicky.com or something)? All thoughts please welcomed . . .

and

2. Does your "In Post Ads" give click through rates and impression stats?

Please let me know your thoughts and ideas . . .

All are welcome to chime in on this (staff or members).

:slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Greg,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I'm not familiar with the plugin that you are using and I don't have access to it unfortunately so I'm not able to check if there could be e.g. some additional code hooked to it to count impressions and clicks-through.

I can however tell that the "Ad rotate" plugin provides basic impressions and clicks stats (including CTR) even in free version so you may want to take it for a test drive. I personally used it in the past and was pretty pleased with its performance. I think though you will want to check it to see if it meets your requirements so take a look here please:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/adrotate/

I'm not sure about other plugins of that kind (I just didn't have a chance to use them) but it seems there's quite a lot of them in wordpress.org repository.

Other solution would be to implement some ad server platform. I think the Google DoubleClick for Publishers(DFP) for Small Business has a free but full featured version that you could review and check. The basic advantage is that you could keep any plugin that you currently use to display ads on your site but instead of putting ads directly into it, you would put them into ad server and then put ad server codes to the plugin.

A benefit of such a solution is that it provides you with detailed stats and some advanced tools for ad management and may even help you manage ad resources on multiple sites. See here please:

https://www.google.com/dfp

Best regards,
    Adam

• Dimitris

Hey there Greg,

hope you're doing good and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

Just curious though . . . what about your plugin "In Post Ads" (can that track impressions and CTR too)?

Unfortunately not, that's why Adam didn't mention it actually. It only supports a basic Google Analytics Integration but doesn't provide any related data.

FYI I enabled WPMUDEV Dashboard so you would have access to it (it is currently enabled on the site FYI).

This wouldn't be that much useful to us as what you're looking for is more of custom development on the plugin you're using. This would require full server access to further test hooking any additional code. For this kind of custom work you can use our Jobs & Pros section.

Let me know if you'd be interested in moving this thread to Members forums for more feedback! :slight_smile:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.