Adsharing not working properly for singlesite install

hey,

i have installed ad sharing on a single site install and it doesnt seem to be working properly. i can select before and/or after posts, and the stock ads display fine without a problem.

however, when an author puts his ad code in there, the bottom ad spot below the content will never rotate to his ads and the top spot doesn't show either his code or the stock code, it just disappears. i can get their ads to display if i put nothing in the stock spots, but that's no fun at all.

any idea on what might be happening here?

• lemonhunter
    • New Recruit

ok, so activating the stock theme seems to get the bottom one rotating fine. what could be causing this onto my other template though? it just seems so weird the parameters for it to be screwing around with some displaying at certain stages etc.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Chances are this is a javascript conflict of some sort between your theme and your user's ad code.

You should re-activate your theme and use your browsers error console (usually in Tools) to find out what errors there are on the page. That should tell you where it's going wrong.

Phil

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from ya with any response in awhile I'm gonna mark this one resolved. If you'd like to go through anything further, feel free to re-open this thread. Alternately, you can also always open up a new one.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.