Advanced Custom Fields compatibility

Hi,

I have some some select boxes on a post-type I'm trying to copy between sites. This post-type has extra fields added by the Advanced Custom Fields plugin. Most of the fields work but a couple do not.

I have a select box which gets pre-populated by a post-type and it saves a value to the database of type 'Post Object'.

This however is not copied across to the other sites and the attached post object also does not get copied across.

Any information on the above would be helpful to get this resolved.

Thanks,
Robert

• urbanriver
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack,

Yes, Advanced Custom Fields is on all sites.
    All custom fields have been created in all sites and copied across to prevent any spelling errors.

I have granted you access on another support ticket: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/site-groups-not-selecting-when-submitting-content-for-copying?replies=3#post-629312

So you can have a quick peek if required.

If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks again.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @urbanriver,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information, I've taken a look at this and it appears that it does have some issues with importing Advanced Custom Field Compatibility.

I've included the lead developer @Ignacio here :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @urbanriver.

Unfortunately I cannot make Advanced Custom Post Fields totally compatible with MCC as every field can be different. However MCC is extensible and you can add some code to check, in your case, what event speakers/venues you have attached to the post you're copying and try to copy them too.

I have coded a little plugin (attached to this post) that makes this for you but if you need more features or copy different metadata you'll need to hire a developer for that. Anyway, you can work from this plugin andmake it better if you need it, so at least you won't work from zero.

Just upload it and network activate it, it will copy the events venues/speakers if they don't exist in the destination blog.

Please, let me know if it works or not.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

• developerscc
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ignacio,

Sorry to just jump in on this thread, but your example code was a great help to me! Could you maybe also provide an example on how to copy an attachment where I have an attachment ID stored in post meta (like a second thumbnail)? Thanks again!

Thijs

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.