Advanced menu protection add-on

Advanced menu protection add-on is not working as expecting. Using the Replace Menus options, the menus are not being replaced based on the membership level assigned and the original menu is still being used.

This is urgent, my site goes live in 3 days and it is high priority

• Luís

Hi Mark ,

Hope you're doing well today!

As mentioned on the Live Chat, I was able to replicate the issue on my site too, so, flagged the developer so they can get it fixed up asap.

Unfortunately, I can't give an ETA and as the developers work around the clock, they may take more time to reply than usual, but they work hard to fix all the issues, so, I am pretty sure they will come with a solution soon.

Cheers, Luís

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mark,

We were looking further at your setup and it seems that menu protection was bit misconfigured.
    When you use menu protection you need to select primary menu that would be accessible by users that are part of membership and replaced by the one selected in protection settings.

I've made this change on your site and this is how it looks now:

Can you please check the site now and let us know if that's what you wanted to accomplish?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Mark,

For me both the cases Membership menus is being shown with or without membership access

Can you please create a new user on your site and apply your membership to him, now check your menu as visitor and with that account and you should be able to see different menus.
    If you still don't see it can you try clearing browser cache or use different browser where the pages aren't cached?

Further to add I want the membership menu to be shown only on membership protected pages, rest it should show main navigation only

M2 can only replace the existing menu, there's no option to choose which menu to show on which pages.
    In order to do this, you would need to do some custom coding and create some conditions so that one menu is called on all pages and then a different one on the pages you choose.
    For example, in your theme header.php you should see code similar to this that calls your menu:
    wp_nav_menu( array( 'theme_location' => 'main-menu' ) );
    You would need to wrap that code in condition that will choose which pages will show different menu, something like this should the trick (1,5 and 10 are page IDs where you want to use different menu):

if is_page( array( 1, 5, 10 ) ) {
    	wp_nav_menu( array( 'theme_location' => 'membership-menu' ) );
    } else {
    	wp_nav_menu( array( 'theme_location' => 'main-menu' ) );
    }

Changes like this should be done by using child theme so they don't get overwritten by theme update.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mark

Let me make it CLEAR again, the name of MEMBERSHIP MENU is MEMBERSHIP MENU is for a reason all you did is made it PRIMARY menu seriously? How can you do that as it is by simply understandable membership menu means only for memberships and not for ALL, for non membership users it is Main navigation menu which should be active please be more careful while making changes, it will effect our progress. You should have pinged me for live chat.

I am explaining again Main Navigation should be for Guest users
    Membership menu for Membership users

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Mark,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused by our actions.

I can see how this feature is confusing and description can be misleading - I am sending message to our developers regarding this so they will make it more clear and easier to use.

I will also notify my colleges to not make any changes on your site without providing first information what changes they want to make.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.