Advice asked: is the standard post format extensible with taxonomies?

Hi there,
My new customer doesn't know exactly what she wants yet. There is a chance that the standard WP post functionality for her new multi-author blog will be sufficient, there's also a small chance that there will be needed extra taxonomies/tags functionality.

When I use CustomPress, can I add these to the standard WP posts when they are needed?

Thanks for clarifying!

CHeers,
Ronald

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Ronald,

When I use CustomPress, can I add these to the standard WP posts when they are needed?

Yes. The standard post format extensible with taxonomies and you can easily do that with CustomPress plugin. To do this, while creating your custom taxonomy, just select "post" from the "Post Type" option. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

I believe, this will help. Please let us know if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Ronald,

As you will be doing this with the CoursePress plugin, this should work fine until WordPress massively changes it's architecture which is very unlikely to happen anytime soon. In general, I don't think it will give any issue with updating to a new WordPress version.

And even if WordPress completely makes over the post type architecture, our developers will also update the CoursePress plugin so everything work good with the new architecture.

Please let us know if you have any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.