Advice for my website

I had a memorial site set up at this domain name on and off over the past 10 – 15 years. I’ve had offers to purchase the domain name, but nothing substantial enough to sell.

I’m wondering if anyone has advice on using WP to set up a simple memorial site where people can build a memorial page or two on their own? Simple as that. Maybe I’ll have some ad space or affiliate marketing links around the edges – for Ancestry.com for instance.

I purchased the name as a place to build a tribute to my deceased brother. I’ve contemplated numerous directions. A couple of purchase offers were based on a whowas directory similar to the whois directory. I’m not crazy about that idea due to the limited usefulness of it…but I don’t know.

Any advice on how WP could be used for this would be appreciated as I fully understand how to set it up, create the design, child themes, php, css, add plug-ins, etc. And I’d also welcome your interest in working together on this concept.

Thank you.

• jannon
    • Flash Drive

hi MichaelT,

I would think that a WordPress site with BuddyPress and mutli-site would work very well for this situation. This way anyone could have their own blog (tribute page) but you could still control who has membership and levels. Check out membership plugin here and maybe one of wpmudev themes for multi-site as well.

Good luck

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings MichaelT,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I’m wondering if anyone has advice on using WP to set up a simple memorial site where people can build a memorial page or two on their own?

I would personally recommend and can envision this working using WordPress MultiSite combined with Pro Sites plugin (comes with a free level) to help you control the sites and the amount of pages each person is allowed for free while having the option to pay for more pages or posts and other features.

Pro Sites plugin also has a feature for presenting advertisements built in for the free level and the ability to get rid of them for once again a higher level.

Please advise if you have any further questions or consider check marking this ticket as resolved below.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.