advice re: pricing for pro-sites and test registration

After almost 4 months i gave up with membership and reverted back to pro-sites can I have some feedback on how much others are charging and could you test my registration process plz

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Alan,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

how much others are charging

By this do you mean how much others are charging people to have blogs on their site ?

could you test my registration process plz

Do you need help in testing the registration process, i.e is it working fine or not, or are you looking for something specific.

Please advise

Cheers
    PC

• shineadmin
    • New Recruit

@pc

soz for late reply

I need advice on do you mean how much others are charging people to have blogs on their mu networks and also need registration process testing and feedback .

I know your busy ut if you could assist or advise me I would appreciate it.

• Craig Grella
    • Recruit

Send me your blog url and I'll test it for you.

We have 3 plans on our site for nonprofits only, in addition to a free plan, which has about 25 themes and a few standard plugins.

plan 1 - $10 per month, 10% discount for 3 mnth subscription and 20% discount for 12 month sub. Has about 100 premium themes that give standard usage and a few that are tweaked for nonprofit fundraising.

plan 2 - $20 per month, same discount structure as above - Includes everything from plan below and a few more themes, gravity forms, etc.

Plan 3 - $50 per month - inlcudes everything, all plugins, themes, etc. Geared toward marketplace ecommerce and comes with premium support email with a promise to answer all support questions in 24 hours or less, and premium theme frameworks like thesis with a custom child theme. We also throw in things like google apps setup and google grants, plus get them setup with their first fundraiser and event and store.

I suggest starting a spreadsheet and working out the features you want at each lvel and make sure you're delivering value at each one. Then consider changing the prices as necessary.

Good luck.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Alan :

I need advice on do you mean how much others are charging people to have blogs on their mu networks

This is really something which come under your business plan. i.e. how are you planning to hit the interweb with your website, what all features do you offer, what all jazzy plugins and themes you offer etc etc etc.

The best way to decide that is do a search on the internet and see what other companies and websites are charging... and ofcourse, initially keep the price lower then them.

One major point you will have to keep in mind is that when blog grows in size the requirements increase so choose the server carefully :slight_smile:

Please lemme know if you have any more questions.

Cheers
    PC

• shineadmin
    • New Recruit

@craiggrella @pc

cheers for your feedback

I assumed my pricing may be a little high but don't want to be cheap and the network costing me to run every month esp after rebuilding of 80 + sites last week after the last wordpress update killed my network.

I'm loosing users every day so I guess need to try and test it!

causeblogs.org

Alan

• shineadmin
    • New Recruit

@craiggrella

visited your network looks great if you could advise me I would appreciate your feedback I already closed down sons charity social network earlier today and feel really bad about it and I dont want to loose the only income we have left

causeblogs.org
    Alan

• Craig Grella
    • Recruit

Cool site alan. I recently completed a video sharing site Scleroderma, a sclerosis based organization here in the states. So far they've raised about $25k online since april. You can see that one here: http://walkforcure.org. I'm working on integrating a store for them which should be up in a week or so. We ran their walk-a-thon store, and that event generated about $160k, which was great for the org.

• shineadmin
    • New Recruit

@craiggrella

thanks for lovely compliments I know the walk for cure group well and would appreciate and advice - tried adding a store using the marketplace plugin only to find I could get an xml file to import product details quickly in the end I had to can it all and go back to an old theme.

The only solution was to close the network in hope of saving the campaign !

Look forward to hearing fromyou

• Craig Grella
    • Recruit

Like I said, happy to help. Shoot me a note with what you're looking for, or if time permits over the weekend we can try skype since you're about 5 or 6 hours ahead, yes?

I've not dug into the marketplace plugin yet, though it looks pretty good. I've been using Shopp, which I like for the complex tax and shipping calculations it has. Also, it has tons of integrations with payment processors. I use authorize.net and have a reseller account with them which I use with most of my clients to get them discounted sign up fees. I also use a few banks which give merchant accounts at a huge discount for nonprofits. Just a few basis points over interchange.

I like shop because it works on a php template system like wordpress and has a ton of template tags, The company's support sucks bad, but the product is versatile.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.