Advice on how best to deliver mp3s to my subscribers

Hi guys

My subscribers will receive a mp3 podcast each week; to handle my subscriptions I’m using Membership 2. How should I best deliver the audio in such a way that it’s user-friendly, easy to track and can be automated?

There are a few ways we can do this. (Sending by email (Mailchimp?), sending a download link by email – using a service like WeTransfer for instance – uploading the files to FTP). Which do you suggest for delivery of an mp3 to multiple subscribers?

The down side of using a service outside of WordPress is that files won’t show up in the subscriber’s account area on our site.

Any suggestions?

e

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Emma,

If you’re not looking to play podcasts on your site then something like Mailchimp or our e-Newsletter plugin seem like good solution.

You can create email templates and then just change download link before sending the newsletter to your subscribers.

There’s a bit different and more complicated way to set up but it could be a good solution for this as well.

You could create custom post type and for each MP3 create new post, custom post types can be created with CustomPress plugin.

Next, use M2 post type protection to protect that custom post type so only desired members can access it.

And for final step use Subscribe By Email plugin.

This plugin sends automated emails to subscribers when post is published, so set it up to send emails when your custom post type is published and now when you publish post that has MP3 of your podcast it will notifiy your users and they can listen to it directly on your site.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.