Advice on how to present my fluctuating schedule

Hi there! OK, so here's the deal - my client (whose account this is) is a yoga teacher. She teaches private sessions and classes at various locations around town. There may be times where two people want appointments back-to-back at the same location...but other times where the two appointments are in different locations that will require travel time. I could certainly put in a one-hour break every other hour on the schedule, but that won't be good (or needed) if the two appointments are in the same place. Make sense?

So - if someone books an appointment at 9am and another books one at 10am in a location that's 45 minutes away, she wouldn't be able to make it there. Do you have any ideas on how best to present the schedule so that this doesn't always present a problem?

Would this be by creating dummy service providers?

Thank you!!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Alexandra,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question :slight_smile:

This is a bit of a tricky one because the different locations will be different travel times.

One way we can go here is use the Padding add-on. Activate this via Appointments > Settings > Add-ons.

This allows you to add some padding on to the beginning or end of an appointment by either attaching it to the service OR to the service provider.

What you could do here is setup services for each location. Force the location selection first so they don't see duplicate services. Then Have the services at the further away location have some added padding to them. The user won't see any difference during the checkout process.

Use this shortcode for your service selection:

[app_required_service_locations]

This will force location selection first.

So, to recap, say you have 3 different services and 3 locations - you will now have 9 services. 3 for each location. Then different padding for the services at further away locations.

Appointments has so many different add-ons and way's to customize it - I get excited when we come up with a new way to use them :slight_smile: Hope this works for you! :slight_smile:

Look forward to your reply.

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. Attaching a screenshot of where to put the padding.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.