advise on jetpack installation

Hi guys

I just had my hosting company (site ground) install a new wp installation and they installed the jetpack plugin by default, and haven´t installed wpmudev dashboard or any of your plugins or themes yet, but I¨m a little concerned about jetpack, do you suggest to install it along with any of your plugins or themes? I wouldn´t like to face any compatibility issue because of that.

Thanks

• Michael Bissett

Hey @raulcabrerar, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

How well Jetpack works with our plugins & themes will depend on:

- The plugins/themes in question, and how they're configured
    - What modules are active inside of Jetpack

While the mileage can vary depending on how things on your site are set up (not to mention, what changes are made to Jetpack in the meantime), should something come up, we'll be more than glad to help you get it sorted out.

Of course, if you're not planning on using Jetpack on your site, then I'd just disable it. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Jude

Hi there @raulcabrerar

Sorry the response took a while longer than expected. Appreciate your patience, this thread somehow managed to slip through the gaps unnoticed.

But if I decide not to use it, I guess I just have to disable it rigth?

Yes it makes sense disabling it as it makes requests with every page load, your site will be faster because of disabling this.

Not sure really if I will use it, but I´ll get to you in case I need some help

I am marking this as resolved, please open another ticket for any new issues you face and we'd be happy to help

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.