Affiliate and WooCommerce compatibility?

Hi All,

I am aware that Affiliates plugin works with MarketPress.

By any chance does it work with WooCommerce?

We already have a store on WooCommerce with heavy customizations.

If Affiliate doesn't support it, what is recommended way to get it working with WooCommerce?

Thanks.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings rahul286,

Thank you for the great question.

If Affiliate doesn't support it, what is recommended way to get it working with WooCommerce?

The answer would be heavy custom coding for integration into the Woo Commerce payment gateways and other necessary custom coding.

You could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it if you cannot custom code it in yourself.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• rahul286
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@aecnu

We have no problems with coding.

Just like to check if you have formal documentation which describes how to extend your Affiliate plugin.

We have already developed WooCommerce addons. I was thinking to create a WooCommerce-Affiliate addon.

Thanks for quick reply though. :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings rahul286,

Thank you for the additional input which is greatly appreciated.

No there is no documentation so to speak outside of the plugins usage tab which is for setting it up which is certainly not what you are interested in.

However, I believe what you folks will be looking for is in the \affiliate\affiliateincludes\addons folder which shows the coding for integration with each of the plugins currently supported.

From my understanding they hook into each of the payment gateways of the relative supported product.

With that said you would want to probably copy one of the addon files renaming it lets say Woocommerce and then check one of the products with the closest gateways and see how it is applied there.

Market Press has the most amount of available gateways that I am aware of.

Trying to be of further assistance.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.