Affiliate Commisions on BULK Upgrades

I wonder if 2 years later (according to last posts) you have found the solution to paying affiliate when the visitor purchase in BULK.

I think it is imposible that someone forgot to implement it. On the payment page I have 4 buttons and promote all the visitors to buy in BULK but just found out that all my affiliates wont be paid. Very disappointed will be all my affiliates.

Please give me a work around (php tips or whatever) if possible since this is a MUST.

We use AFFILIATE plugin for the 4 buttons or we simply don’t pay affiliates. Otherwise they will think we are cheating them by not paying them whenever their clients buy in bulk.

What do you do guys with EDU BLOGS? How do you pay affiliates who sell in BULK? I am wondering :slight_smile:

Thanks for great support everywhere!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings enriquep,

Thank you for these great questions and these significant items to bring up.

What do you do guys with EDU BLOGS?

I have no idea, I am not involved with EDU BLOGS.

How do you pay affiliates who sell in BULK?

I went through the affiliates section and could not find an answer to this fantastic question. In addition it is complicated on which lead developer to ask about this.

However, since you already picked the Pro Sites plugin topic we will check with him.

I will see if I can get the lead developer @aaron in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Eric Collin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK I am here opening tonight and scared about telling my aff that they will not be paid if their clients buy in BULK. This is what I will strongly promote starting tonight. EVERYONE should buy in bulk and save tons of money… but I will not be paying any affiliate. Very important for everyone in my situation.

So I hope to receive the solution pretty soon, pleeeease hehehe! :slight_smile:

• Aaron
    • CTO

We don’t use affiliate on edublogs.

It would take some minor modifications to affiliate and pro sites for this. In the bulk upgrade module add:

do_action('supporter_payment_processed', $bid, $amount, 12); to line 127

The tricky part is that the commission given will be dependant on your affililate settings. You can put either 1, 3, or 12 in there and it will give them that amount. If you need a custom amount you will need to customize that calculation in the affilitate pro sites addon.

• Eric Collin
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ok I can try! what will be 1,3 or 12. Sounds like months for recurring payments. If we talk about buying 100 more licences this is not recurring, this is a 1 time event.

Maybe I am confused by the 1-3-12. :slight_smile:

Thanks soooo mucho for being here to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.