Affiliate commissions

Hi,

How do affiliates get paid with Affiliates plugin, do they get paid per sale or recurring with every subscription payment?

I have supporter set to recurring billing so I want to confirm what will happen in this case.

Thx

• misyte
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

We are looking for the ability to pay affiliates on a recurring basis on both products and subscriptions. The other BIG deal we are looking for is to pay them instantly, versus going through paypal and tracking and paying at the end of the month. As my client says, it keeps everyone honest...

Any ideas?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Recurring/automatic payouts would definitely be cool. We've got a few updates still in the work (such as the final release of pro-sites) and then this may be something we can look at. Thanks for your feedback. All of our development here is based on what are members are asking for. Other folks feel free to add +1s to this or start up a proper thread in our feature request and feedback forum.

Thanks again.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

The other BIG deal we are looking for is to pay them instantly, versus going through paypal and tracking and paying at the end of the month. As my client says, it keeps everyone honest...

I'd disagree - we are currently having a lot of problems on a few sites with people being less than honest with even monthly payouts. The quicker they get paid, the quicker they can chargeback credit card payments / dispute paypal payments and then you are out of pocket. Once word gets around that you payout straight away you will be deluged... which is why you will not find an affiliate system that doesn't wait at least a month before paying out.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

How do affiliates get paid with Affiliates plugin, do they get paid per sale or recurring with every subscription payment?

It depends on the integration addon. The affiliate plugin merely tracks clicks. It is up to the integration addon to tell it when it should record a sign up or purchase and how much to credit an account.

You can see the two current integration addons in the affiliateincludes/addons directory.

• edealsbiz
    • Flash Drive

At the moment you type +1 in a reply :slight_smile:

@ Barry thanks for heads up :slight_smile:.

we are currently having a lot of problems on a few sites with people being less than honest with even monthly payouts...which is why you will not find an affiliate system that doesn't wait at least a month before paying out.

I agree there're poeple abusing here in there but that's something you have to deal with any how when doing online business (:...there's an affiliate system at WarriorPlus that works with the Warrior Forum and they use PayPal instant split payouts, the guy behind it has already made millions!

• bangfruit
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi all?

I am seeking clarity of the plug-in.

True or false?

I can use affiliate to track referrals and pay commissions to referrers?

I don't mind monthly payouts a long as I can batch them.

Does have an example of this usage?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya bangfruit,

Just as a note, it's never a bad idea to start a new thread on a topic where you have a question. Older threads like this can often get overlooked.

That being said, let me see if I can help.

I can use affiliate to track referrals and pay commissions to referrers?

You can use affiliate to track the information, yes. The plugin will also create a masspay file for you to submit through PayPal to remit payment to your referrers.

After the plugin is installed, check out the Affiliates link in your main site's dashboard. From the Affiliates reports page select the 'Export Payments' button.

Hope that helps!

• JayCG
    • New Recruit

Can someone please tell me what addon needs to be added to so i can setup that the affiliate gets paid per sale of a product ? I have the Affliate plugin installed with the Mermbership add-on activated but I dont see anywhere where I can setup a commission rate per sale ?

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.