Affiliate credits

I am looking at the affiliate plugin and need to know with 100% certainty that it will do the job, I will be using it in conjunction with Membership.

You see, I need it to do more than give an affiliate a unique link and off they go. Let me lay out the chronology as I see it…

An affiliate becomes an affiliate and promotes the summit. Someone clicks to the summit through the affiliate link. They sign up to attend the summit. Then, while they attend the summit, they decide that they want to purchase the summit. This sale then registers on the affiliate's account who originally brought them to us. You can see by this that it's not as simple as an affiliate sale. The prospect has to be pinged with a cookie or something so that if they come back to purchase the take home package membership from us (even if they come straight to us at that point), the affiliate account needs to be credited with the sale. We have to be sure of this specific function or risk burning our affiliates which would destroy the business. But really, we need to make certain that this plugin will handle this complexity.

Thanks.

• Rystraum

Hi nate,

What's the difference between the summit they're attending and the summit that they're purchasing? If the summit that they can purchase is a product, then Affiliate can integrate with Marketpress. If it is a subscription, Affiliate also has integration with Membership.

In any case, as long as they don't clear out their cookies, any visits/signups they do will be credited to the original referrer. You can even manually credit an affiliate in the event that the sale happens out of the website (say, they approached you while in the summit) granted that you know who the referrer is.

PS. I'm not staff so I suggest waiting for the staff to confirm/expand more on my response.

• Timothy Bowers

In any case, as long as they don't clear out their cookies, any visits/signups they do will be credited to the original referrer.

This would be a key point here. If they booked from their home PC and then purchase whilst at your Summit they wouldn't be their computer. Thus no active tracking because the system doesn't know how.

If you know the original affiliate ID you can of course credit them manually.

Thanks

• Tom Eagles

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.
    We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.
    Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any way.
    Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.
    Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.
    Cheers!
    Tom
    Sales &Support
    Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.