Affiliate link in Administrator – where is sign up link

I’m in Affiliate System Administrator and I cannot see where I grab the link that allows visitors to sign up as affiliates on my site. What am I missing?

PS: This is link to test site pre migration.

Thanks heaps

Cath

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Cath,

Greetings and thanks for your post.

In our affiliates plugin, the users do not need to signup using the Affiliate system but they signup using regular WordPress system and then from the backend, they just activate their affiliate link and get going.

You can see the same plugin in action here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/profile.php?page=affiliateearnings

Just login to your WPMU DEV account and click above link and you will understand how it works.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @ronsmart

a good addition would be something that tells the affiliate if they are approved. Maybe an automated email when they are approved as well.

You mean Payment approval ? i.e. once the payment is approved ? or you are talking about the Affiliate account approval here ?

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Looks like that can be a good feature.

1: User activates the Affiliate links

2: Admin is notified

3: Admin Approves

4: Affiliate is notified

As the originally reported issue is something else, it will not be best to move this thread, however if you could kindly copy paste the info in other thread you have created so that Barry has all the info in a single thread.

Cheers, PC

• Cath
    • New Recruit

I guess my question initially relates to comments that followed. My experience with affiliate software is that …

User activates the Affiliate links

5. user get a unique ID captured in a URL they then can promote to their contacts.

I’d already checked out the affiliate welcome page but I’m still confused as all hell how the customer gets to that page. What do you mean “signup using regular WordPress system and then from the backend, they just activate their affiliate link and get going”.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Cath,

Greetings and thanks for writing back.

The affiliate plugin does not actually provide a process like below

User activates the Affiliate links

5. user get a unique ID captured in a URL they then can promote to their contacts.

We discussed that so that we can add it as a feature request.

Currently the affiliate plugin works like :

1: You activate the plugin

2: User signs up on your site.

3: He automatically becomes an affiliate and does not need to signup separately

4: He just needs to activate the affiliate links from the affiliate page in the backend i.e. https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/users.php?page=affiliateearnings (In case of our Website. We use the same plugin)

5: Then they simply activate the affiliate links and enter their paypal account info.

I’d already checked out the affiliate welcome page but I’m still confused as all hell how the customer gets to that page

Its pretty simple, you can provide a link to the affiliate page on the frontend.

It also supports some shortcodes which you can read about here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate#usage

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.