Affliliates: Affiliate link url discrepancy

When a user goes to their dashboard to look at their affiliate information, the first screen shows their text affiliate url. See image 1

This address is for the main network website, but not for the correct one where the Directory and the affiliate plugin are set up - these are on the subdomain http://services.loveandlightnetwork.org

But when I click to the banners, the url in the banner links is different. See image 2.

Should I be concerned here? Can this be fixed easily on your end?

• jloweezy
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Another issue I'm having with this plugin right now....

This same user 'cosmicblessings' shows that they are an affiliate when I log into their account. (Images above). The banner shows the url that will guide the visitor back to the subdomain where my Directory is.

Ok, when I'm in the admin dashboard for the site, I don't show a user 'cosmicblessings' at all. And when I've done some test clicking on the cosmicblessings banner on their website, it doesn't show up in the cosmicblessings dashboard affiliate reports, either.

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

• jloweezy

I just added a new user to this website. I went to Profile, Affiliate Referrals, and clicked 'Yes', and gave it my Paypal address. The url given for the affiliate link is for the main site (as in image 1 above) and when I click on the banners, the url for the services.loveandlightnetwork.org subdomain where the Directory is, shows up as the affiliate link.

So, now, I go back to the admin panel. I'm logged in as the Super Admin, and I don't show this new user as being an affiliate. I see it is a user on the site, and it's a Directory Paid Member. But no information from the user shows up in the affiliate reports.

Also, when I click on the affiliate link for this user, it doesn't register anywhere, either.

Please help. This is a big feature for my website, and I need it to run accurately and efficiently.

Thanks,

Janet

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Janet @jloweezy

Hope you're well.

Thank you for your posts. I will look into your problems immediately and see what solutions I can get for you. Please allow me some time to get back to you. I know this must be very frustrating for you, so I will make sure to revert back to you with possible solutions at the earliest.

Talk soon.

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi Janet

Lovely seeing the person behind the name :slight_smile: Just to let you know that I am in the process of updating the installation and use instructions for the Affiliate Plugin and will be looking into your problems as well and seeing how to address those. I'm sorry for the delay. We have been working on a new release for this plugin, which addresses some past issues so we might be able to get your things sorted as well.

Thank you for your patience and I will revert back to you in a day or two.

Have a good day!

Gina

• jloweezy

Thanks, Gina.

I love how the plugin works with the Directory so I realized I'm rather committed to getting the Affiliate portion working correctly. For now, I've encouraged my users to change the text link to include the correct url.

I'm watching carefully to make sure the program works. If it does, it will be so wonderful!

Thank you,

Janet

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

And when I've done some test clicking on the cosmicblessings banner on their website, it doesn't show up in the cosmicblessings dashboard affiliate reports, either.

The plugin does some behind the scenes checking, so that the system can't be "gamed". So clicking on links won't necessarily record clicks if a) the user has already had a click recorded by this session, or the user has been to the site before.

For proper testing you need to make a habit of clearing the cookies in your browser so that it starts afresh each time.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I'm logged in as the Super Admin, and I don't show this new user as being an affiliate.

Not sure what you mean here? Are you searching for the affiliate in the interface?
    The first page shows those users with clicks this period, the second doesn't show a list, it is designed to show the results of a search, so you will need to search for the user in order for their information to be displayed.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Janet,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• jloweezy

Hey all, yes - as far as the questions I had about how the plugin works, that is all resolved. Thanks, Barry!

As far as the affiliate link showing up incorrectly - that is still unresolved. The original post is the one with the information.

Thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Janet,

Thank you for the feedback and pointing out that the affiliate link problem with the link redirecting to the main site instead of the sub site as it should.

The banner URL's are correct, but as you pointed out the main URL is not correct as indicated in my below attached graphic.

I will report to the lead developer of the Affiliate plugin as a confirmed bug since if the affiliate does use this URL it will redirect them to the wrong site as I have tested and confirmed.

We are hoping to get this sorted out with the assistance of the developers asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Janet,

Happy to hear that you have a work around for the time being.

I have marked this as a confirmed bug and have alerted the lead developer too.

Hopefully the developer will have the opportunity to get this worked out soon.

Sincerely, Joe

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Janet,

Greetings !

As I see that your current status is inactive, I am marking this thread as resolved. You may re-open this or create a new one with a reference to this one, as you join us back :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

@Barry : Wow, that is great ! So once Janet joins us back, she would have a new release of this plugin (with this issue fixed) and this post is also gonna help other members who might have noticed this issue and just did not post it :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.