Affiliate + MarketPress + Memberships Pro Not Working

Hello,

I have been trying to test the Affiliate link tracking on both staging and production sites. On staging, I was able to get both Unique Links and Signups to track. I was unable to test paid because Sandbox feature was not working. I did test paid on the live site several times by turning on the Course in Coursepress Pro called “It’s a Wonderful Life” who’s cost is $.01. The Poetry Slam Course is also free but signing up for that did not track either. On the live site, “signups” are not being tracked at all. So, only unique clicks are currently being tracked. How can I fix this?

Our goal is to be able to see revenue associated with an affiliate. The “payment” that we need to track would either be coming through MarketPress or Memberships Pro. If you were to log in right now, Memberships Pro is not set up all the way so that is less of an issue than MarketPress.

Thank you so much for your time!

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Jessica

I hope you are doing well today!

Would you please let us know what MarketPress version you are using along with the Affiliates plugin?

Please note that the MarketPress add-on is presently only compatible with the 2.9.x series of MarketPress, and they are not yet compatible with MarketPress 3.0.

Would you please grant access to your site from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look?

Please advise,

Kind Regards,

Nastia

• Jessica
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

THank you! We have MarketPress Version 3.0.0.7 and Affiliates Version 3.1.6.6. Possible to roll it back or is there a hack we could implement? We need this up and running by the 5th of May as we have a big launch. We have the WPMU Dev Plugin activated but I am not clear about how to give you access? Could you let me know?

Thank you so much!

• Madhusudan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hello Jessica ,

You can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ and the template below:

IMPORTANT: Make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic so it doesn't go back to forums – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Subject: "Attn: Madhusudan Pokharel"

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– login url

– link back to this thread for reference

Thanking you,

Madhusudan

• Madhusudan

Hello Jessica ,

In order to rollback to older version, first of all you need to delete the current version of the marketpress either through logging by FTP or SFTP or via Dashboard.

Next to install 2.9x version of marketpress, you should be able to download it by clicking on the changelog link from the link below. You could see the older versions scrolling down further on the changelog popup box.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-commerce/

Then, extract it and upload it inside wp-content/plugins via FTP or SFTP. Next, simply activate the plugin from your Dashboard and you are ready to go.

Cheers,

Madhusudan

• Jessica

Upon rolling it back, sku and pricing is all missing. Any ideas? Also, any idea when the newer version of marketpress integrating with affilliates will be available? Do you have any idea of the part of the code that is conflicting as maybe we can hack something together?

• Jessica

Additionally, do you know if we launch the affilliate program with the current version of marketpress, once the two plugins are working together again, if the prior signups and paid will show up or it will start at zero.

Thanks

cc

• Madhusudan

Hello Jessica ,

Good news for you is that Affiliate Beta version has just been released. I have tested and it’s integrating with the newer version of the MarketPress. Our Development team is currently working on it . I cannot give you an ETA but the full version is scheduled to be released in near future.

You might have to replace the older affiliate version by this beta version and give it a try by clicking on the attached file. Also update the MarketPress to newer version.

Thanking you,

Madhusudan

• Jessica

Thank you for the Beta. We put it into place but it doesn’t seem to have fixed the issue. The best I can tell, the proper affiliate cookie is never getting set in the browser. No matter what url I use to get into the site, the only cookie that gets set is the noaffiliate one. Our developer has done his best to debug the issue but with no luck. Help!

• Jessica

This is a serious problem for us. Every affiliate plugin we try is conflicting with MarketPress 3. Rolling back to 2.9 is not an option as all products get set back to $0 and all the product settings are lost. We are actively selling on the site now so rolling back is a huge risk. Now we have missed the launch date for a huge conference because we cannot launch without the affiliate program.

Is there any knowledge about an affiliate plugin or even an affiliate service that works well and integrates easily with MarketPress 3.0? We have wasted tons of money and time on this issue and cannot keep just guessing. Is there someone on your end we could hire to figure this out for us?

Please help.

Thank you

cc

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Jessica,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I can understand the frustration but as mentioned by my colleagues above the integration between Affiliates plugin with MarketPress 3 is still in beta and underdevelopment. Our developers are working as hard as they can to complete this integration and after its fully tested we will release it to public.

I am sorry but I don’t have any other affiliate plugin in my knowledge that does integrate directly with MarketPress plugin.

However there are couple of other plugins out there for affiliates but you might need to integrate with MarketPress system for proper tracking.

For third question, I am sorry we do not offer custom development services but we do have our jobs board from where you can hire skilled developer that can figure this out for you.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Sajid Javed

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.