Affiliate not working on blog level

Hello..

I am having 2 issues with the affiliate plugin I am not sure how to fix.

1. I installed the plugin as instructed.. in the /plugins folder and then went into the network settings and then just network activated the plugin - Here is problem one - when you go into the individual site as a super admin or a site admin I do not see the plugin listed in the plugin folder so that I can activate it or turn it off for each individual site.. right now I am all or nothing... as described in this post I should be able to turn it on or off for each blog / site as described in this post https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/affiliate-supporter

2. When in the superadmin network I can see the affiliate sites tracking clicks in this network page /wp-admin/network/index.php?page=affiliatesadmin However - here is problem #2 - You do not see the stats tracking on their individual blogs / sites admin dashboards or in the wp-admin/users.php?page=affiliateearnings page

I am thinking these two problems are probably really the same problem and related but I am not sure how to fix this?

Lastly the tables in the DB
wp_xx_affiliatedata
AND
wp_xx_affiliatereferrers

Are there but neither have data in them??

Any help would be appreciated.. thank you!

I am running wpmu 3.1.2 and the latest version of the affiliate plugin

• DavidM

Hi tmelbs,

The plugin can be either activate or network activated. If it's network activated it wouldn't display in the site admin plugin listings and if not, then you'll see it listed and be able to use it on a site by site basis.

Glad you mentioned that too. I'll check this out with the documentation team to see about getting that added in there to avoid confusion.

In either case I believe the stats should be displaying for your users. To verify, you're not seeing the stats tracking for the respective users, correct?

• Barry

Here is problem one - when you go into the individual site as a super admin or a site admin I do not see the plugin listed in the plugin folder so that I can activate it or turn it off for each individual site.

That's how wordpress works I'm afraid. If you want it on some sites but not others then you need to activate it singularly on the sites you want it on. Network activate means activate it network wide, not activate it network wide except for on some sites.

However - here is problem #2 - You do not see the stats tracking on their individual blogs / sites admin dashboards or in the wp-admin/users.php?page=affiliateearnings page

The plugin works differently depending on how it is activated. If it is activated network wide - but it hasn't been set to use a single set of tables, then each site has it's own tables and records it's own statistics. If it has been set to use a global set of tables, then the clicks are recorded from all sites in a single place. If it has been activated singularly, then it will work with single site tables as well.

• tmelbs

@davidm

In either case I believe the stats should be displaying for your users. To verify, you're not seeing the stats tracking for the respective users, correct?

Correct... each site itself does not give the stats on how many people clicked on their affiliate URL that they use to drive traffic to my site. HOWEVER i know it is tracking because as the network admin I can see it in my network admin stats.. but each site owner has no stats or data.. db tables are empty?

@Barry

The plugin works differently depending on how it is activated. If it is activated network wide - but it hasn't been set to use a single set of tables, then each site has it's own tables and records it's own statistics. If it has been set to use a global set of tables, then the clicks are recorded from all sites in a single place. If it has been activated singularly, then it will work with single site tables as well.

Maybe this is where I am getting confused. I can work with the plugin either as network activated or I can work with it on a per site basis..

Ideally I would have the ability to work with it on a per site basis so that the site admin can log into their site and see their affiliate stats, AND at the same time I can see all the stats in my account from ALL affiliates accoss the site... is that possible??? How should I set it up?

my question though is that if it is NOT network activated then where is all the stats I can see as the network owner of the site for all my affiliates? It appears as though it is then listed as the main site admin under dashboard..? is that correct? NEXT- currently if I have it set up as network activate or on a per site basis neither of them will show the stats for a user when they log in.. its empty HOWEVER I as the admin can see the global stats in my dashboard for each affiliate.

Is it possible to make a site that has the affiliate plugin activated where they can send traffic back to the main url and they can track inside of their own site admin account how many people they have had click on their affiliate URL? AND at the same time I can track everyone as well from a network view so I know who is sending traffic and who I have to pay for sign ups?? It seems like it should do this but as I said to david the user site admin stats section is blank.. the dashboard widget shows up in the dashboard of he users site, but it is not collecting data - the user / site level tables are empty in the data base - BUT as a network admin I can see the stats for each user.. I want to see the stats still for each user but also give each site admin the ability for each of them to log in and see their own specific stats as well... Is there something I am doing wrong here?

After reading this post I almost feel like it is the same issue somehow? or very close..
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/wordpress-affiliate-plugin

Any help is appreciated..

thanks

• tmelbs

one last note.. I am am only trying to have 1 affiliate program here that drives traffic to my main site.. I am NOT trying to allow users to have their own affiliate program for their own sub site, If I create a sub site for an affiliate the only thing that affiliate sub site would be used for and running is the affiliate plugin.. they would only log into that sub site to view their current stats and track their clicks and sales (supporter paid subscriptions) they send to me.. I hope this is making sense?

Again I appreciate the help..

Thanks,

• tmelbs

Ok.. So I have this figured out now..

Here is where I was confused..

I was trying to create a new blog / site for each affiliate thinking that they could log into their own site to see their stats

What I did not realize (and I am not sure why I did not get this) is that the affiliate is tracked on the user level not the blog or site.. and so I needed to create users (as affiliates) on the main site to do what I wanted to accomplish.

Anyway I have it worked out now - I do have one other question about this plugin but it is not related to this thread so I will put a new post..

Thanks for your help - it was appreciated.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.