Affiliate on Pay Per View.

I want to use Affiliate on Pay Per View. Does Affiliate work and integrate with Pay Per View? If there is no direct integration between Affiliates and Pay-Per-View, is there any easy workaround for this so that we can set how much the affiliate is to be paid out on each referral Pay Per View subscription? What will be the best practices?

Here is what I want to achieve, I have a one-time access pay per view product on royal******films.com.
I need to incorporate an affiliate code - as to say this one - I hire some guys to drive traffic to my site - each person I hire is given an affiliate code such as X1001 - each person that purchases a film - with that code and refer person get a commission.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Jason !
    Hope you are having a great day!

This request has been escalated to the Second Level Support team. They'll be back to us with confirmations if something like this would be achievable within Affiliates and Pay Per View in this ticket (or we'll be updating the ticket as soon as we hear back from them internally). Please note that the response time of the Second Level Support team might be a bit delayed than that of the general Support staff. Moreover, as this is a custom request, we cannot assure a workaround from our end just yet without investigation. This might get flagged as a feature request or you might need to consider custom development if this turns out to be undoable from our end. We really appreciate your patience and consideration regarding this.

Kind regards,
    Nahid

• Jason
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

thank you for your reply. Just to be clear - I like the fact that I can assign a specific url to my affiliates - I just need to the links to track not only the unique clicks but the one-time pay per view access if it is indeed purchased so that i can track back to the proper affiliate.

Thank you in advance - and i look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Jason

Hope you're doing well!

I am afraid this bug hasn't been fixed yet. I have pinged the developer again about this. Once there is an update I will post it right back here, in this thread. Please note, our developers' response time is longer-than-normal compared to support staff response times.

Have a good day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Ari
    • Recruit

Hey Jason

Hope you are fine, I'm afraid this request exceeds the scope of the support forum, and this requires a great amount of custom code, however we have a custom integration between Affiliate and Pay-per-view plugins. Not sure if that fit your needs.

It also requires to add a single line code in the Pay-per-view plugin, I have forwarded this to our plugins developer for future updates.

By the way, please follow the below steps below to implement it:

1: Unzip the attached file and replace this file plugins/pay-per-view/includes/paypal-express.php
    2: In the wp-content folder, create a mu-plugins folder if that already not exist.
    3: Download this gist file https://gist.github.com/wpmudev-sls/db55a831e25e66198707e851d33f3a12 Unzip it and upload the affiliate-payperview-integration.php file to the mu-plugins folder.

This will enable the way of affiliate settings, here's the screenshots:

Best Regards,
    Ari

• Jason
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate all of the time and effort you guys put into this for me. I will take a look at the info you just provided to see how and if I can use it on my site. Thank you once again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.