Affiliate Plug-in Questions

Hi. I have some questions regarding the Affiliate Plug-in.

So here goes :
1) What are the 1 month, 3 months and 12 months payment options under Supporter payments settings?

2) I charge $2 per month for Supporter and would like to pay $0.50 per signups per month. Isn't this possible? What could be the solution?

3) How can I choose to pay only annually and disable monthly payment option?

Thanks!

• drmike

1) Those are where you set the rates. Using your example of $2 a month, 1 month would be $2, 3 months would be $6 and 12 months would be $24. It's there for those who would rather pay in a bulk period of time instead of monthly.

2) I haven't looked at the affiliate plugin so I'll let someone else answer.

3) I believe the last time this came up, the only real solution was to remove the 1 month and 3 month code from the plugin. I don;t recall an option to turn it off.

• Andrew

Hiya,

Affiliates don't get to choose when they're paid. You (site admin) pay them whenever you want.

2) I charge $2 per month for Supporter and would like to pay $0.50 per signups per month. Isn't this possible? What could be the solution?

The affiliate plugin is really only designed to payout once per signup. If you want to pay affiliaters for each month a user stays signed up then you'll need to modify the plugin to meet your needs.

Thanks,
    Andrew

• Ken

Affiliates don't get to choose when they're paid. You (site admin) pay them whenever you want.

Okay. So how do I pay the users manually whenever I feel like giving a payout? Then what are the 1month, 3months and 12months options for?

I'm not completely understanding the Affiliate system. Can you please explain it basically?

The affiliate plugin is really only designed to payout once per signup.

Okay. Now I understood. However, as I asked before, how do I set the rate to $0.50? Is there a solution to do that?

Thanks a lot.

• Barry

@kenneth - have a look in the plugins directory (within the affiliatelite directory for the plugin).

There will be a single file there called supporter. This file controls the payment crediting to the affiliate. This is the only one you need to modify to change the behaviour of your affiliate system.

You can follow through the code in this file by using this tutorial:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/integrating-the-affiliate-plugin-part-one/

It should explain what the code is doing and what you need to change.

Any further questions, then let me know

Rgds
    Barry

• Barry

@kenneth

1) Those are the credits you want to give to a supporter who signs up for a 1 month, 3 month or 12 month subscription. If you don't want to use these then you can ignore them, the plugin is designed to work out of the box with the supporter plugin so has those settings in case you want them,

2) read the tutorial I linked to. there is a section in it that tells you how to set the amount to credit an affiliate, and gives an example of crediting a flat amount of $10. You will need to edit (or make a copy of) the supporter.php affiliate plugin file I mentioned and change the bit of code that sets the credit to your flat fee. Again, the tutorial I linked to explains what each bit of code in that file does and shows what you need to change.

• sakthi54086

I also agree with Kenneth!

I am also having the subscription community website which collects $1 per month and 10$ for a year .In this case how can i provide $1 for affiliate commission for monthly subscription( Is it profitable) ? as a start up website i can not push more money than my supporters so i can't provide $1 to my affiliates for their monthly subscription

Why don't WPMUDEV can consider to develop the plug-in that calculates the commissions according to the percentage of sales done (referral ) done by the particular user ( which one is used in real time ) than assigning commissions manually

I looking following updates with this plug-in

• Calculates commission based on the percentage of sales
    Support with multiple currency
    Hiding Advanced settings ( when user have no much experience in this settings)
    Disabling affiliate commission for certain plans ( For E.g Monthly)
    Auto or manual payout from the admin panel
  • Barry

Hi @sakthi54086
    Unfortunately there a a lot of different affiliate payment models, and there is no way we can possibly write a plugin to handle all of them. This is why the affiliate system was written with it's own plugin system. The main affiliate plugin ONLY tracks clicks to the site if it hasn't been told to do anything else, it is up to the functionality in the plugin directory (within affiliatelite) that controls everything else.

Multi-currency, can be added - but note the PayPal MassPay API will only allow a single currecny per payment run, so this will mean a separate payment run per currency.

Advanced settings - sorry not sure what you mean.

Manual payout already exists. You generate a masspay file and then upload it to PayPal. Automatic payouts will be in a future version, unfortunately there are a few "backward steps" in the PayPal masspay API which means that the integration with it is slightly more complex than I had hoped, so it's taking a little bit longer than I had hoped.

• solidpoint

Hi

The affiliate details. Is not showing anywhere for a single user.
    SO they cant see any banner, signup links, stats etc. But in
    admin I can see affiliate settings under Site Admin.

I have more trouble that. Now, not signups is not working either:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare startelement() (previously declared in /home/solidp/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/anti-splog/asirra.php:41) in /home/solidp/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/anti-splog/asirra.php on line 41

Daniel