Affiliate Plugin 101

Hi

I went through the other threads and I'm still confused about using this plugin.

1. After a user registers, is it possible for them to be automatically activated as an Affiliate and have their Affiliate URL emailed to them? Can the registration page have a box for them to confirm that they want to join the Affiliate program. I'm trying to avoid having the user login, go to Affiliate Referrals activate it and find their URL.

2. On the admin side, can I retrieve and view the Affiliate URL for each user?

3. The plugin has Unique clicks, Sign Ups and Paid Members. What does "sign ups" include?

3.1 A user visit the site and joins our mailing list via Aweber
3.2 A user registers on the site as a subscriber

4. Can the affiliate plugin be integrated with an autoresponder such as Aweber, so when a user is registered as an Affiliate, they are added to the Aweber affiliate mailing list?

Thanks

• aecnu

Greetings Edged,

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

1. After a user registers, is it possible for them to be automatically activated as an Affiliate and have their Affiliate URL emailed to them?

All registrants are automatically activated as an affiliate and their affiliate link is accessible via the site dashboard --> Users --> and there you will find the affiliate information to include banners etc. (that have been pre-populated in the network admin dashboard)

No it is not currently emailed to them but sounds like a great feature addition.

2. On the admin side, can I retrieve and view the Affiliate URL for each user?

Sure you can, you can view anything from the network admin panel. In this case from within the network admin dashboard select Sites --> All Sites --> then select the site you want to view the affiliate info for and choose dashboard and go to Users --> and there you will find the affiliate information to include banners etc. (that have been pre-populated in the network admin dashboard)

3. The plugin has Unique clicks, Sign Ups and Paid Members. What does "sign ups" include?
    3.1 A user visit the site and joins our mailing list via Aweber

No not included - user account is not created.

3.2 A user registers on the site as a subscriber

Yes included because user account is created.

4. Can the affiliate plugin be integrated with an autoresponder such as Aweber, so when a user is registered as an Affiliate, they are added to the Aweber affiliate mailing list?

No it is not integrated with aweber and could be considered a feature request.

What would even be better in my opinion is that the emailing of the affiliate information is sent using the Automessage plugin considering the fact that many people will not need to deal with aweber or the like when they can do it themselves using some of the other plugin's found here on WPMU Dev i.e. e-Newsletter etc.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings Edged,

Great Question!

After checking out the Affiliates plugin myself once again it appears that for any of the short codes to work the affiliate must be logged in, plus I did not see any mention of the affiliates url or embedded affiliate ID.

Therefore I conclude that the affiliate URL does not currently have a shortcode to use for giving them their URL

However, from what I understand you could always send them a login box i.e. [affiliatelogincheck]

Then once logged in the rest of the shortcode or embedded details should be active.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.