Affiliate Plugin does not appear to be recording clicks.

I have the WP Affiliate plugin running and enabled Affiliate on one user, then added a link to the site from another site, visited the site and then checked for any record of the click and there was nothing.

How can I test to see if the affiliate plugin is, in fact, recording clicks?

Thanks.

Martin

• Barry

How can I test to see if the affiliate plugin is, in fact, recording clicks?

You need to use a "clean" browser to test properly. If you visit a/your site without having an affiliate reference in the address then the plugin marks you as having visited already during that session and so ignores (doesn't mark or record clicks) any future visits with affiliate references - this is to prevent gaming of the system (e.g. I know about this site as I've been there before, but I'll follow this link to it to get some dosh).

So, ideally, use a second browser. Clear all your cookies for the site your testing and the paste the url with the affiliate reference in to the browser address bar. If you then check for cookies again - you should see an affiliate one listed, and the click should be recorded. You can keep clearing the cookies for further testing if you want to.

If you want to see what the "non-affiliate" cookie looks like, just put the sites address in the browser without an affiliate reference and then view the cookies again and you'll spot it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.